Litter-Robot III Open Air - Cat is not Detected

The unit is pretty sensitive and can pick-up weight from hands, arms, or other objects resting on the unit when “reset” is pressed. The unit should also be pulled away from a wall. Make sure you do not press on the Litter-Robot when you press the reset button.

We need to troubleshoot your cat sensor system (CATS). This is based on your description of a solid blue light after the cat has left the unit. Please try the following:

[NOTE: When attempting to activate CATS, troubleshoot with the following technique. We recommend applying pressure from the top of the globe entrance (not on the bonnet). Use a downward motion that pushes away from your body]

1. Attempt to manually cycle the unit by pressing the “cycle” button. If the unit cycles properly, move to the next step.
  2. Reset the CATS by turning the unit off then on using the power button.
  3. During the start-up cycle, push on the unit to see if the CATS activates. If it does, press “reset” to pause the cycle, then press “reset” again to return the unit to home position.
  4. After the unit is on and in the home position, apply pressure to the unit. Does CATS activate (red light indicator)? If you apply more pressure, how much does it take to activate?
  5. If your unit switches to a red light after applying excessive pressure, consider the surface area that your unit is on (see below). If the CATS does not engage, refer to step 5.
  6. If your CATS does not engage, leave the unit off & unplugged. Notify us so we can make the necessary arrangements based on warranty.

The surface for your Litter-Robot should be hard to avoid the unit taking on extra absorption of weight. If the unit is sitting steady on the ground, but has a dip in the middle, the sensor may require much more weight to trigger. Instead, try putting the unit on a surface that is flat, such as a board. If your unit is on tile, we recommend that the back, center, of the unit is resting on the flat part of the tile and not on a grout line. Do not allow the unit to have items rest on it or be pushed up against the wall. Avoid resting on the unit when pressing the “reset” button.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Litter-robot-iii-open-air-cat-is-not-detected

I still have a problem, nothing changes. Toilet no working properly.Always yellow spot is flashing, and toilet isn’t turning to the right position at all .

My order ID is : 1500054170
Ruslan Vorozhkin

Hello @ruslanvor2,

Thank you for contacting us again.

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Does the yellow light blink fast (twice per second) or slowly (once per second)?

Do you hear any cracking sounds when it happens?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi, blipping once per second, but no any cracks noise.And it’s happening every day and night time .

That’s a link you could see the video.

Hello @ruslanvor2,

Thank you for sharing the video with us.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet, you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

Please tell us how this goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi, we’ve done all your instructions, but the issue still remains. Everything seems to be connected and in working order but the issue is not fixed. The yellow light keeps flashing and when the robot does it’s cleaning cycle it spins and and half way through it stops and doesn’t finish the cycle at this point the yellow light also comes on and keeps flashing. When you try to press the buttons (cycle and reset ) to rest nothing works. Until I persistently keep pressing the cycle button about 20 times then it continues the cycle. However, sometimes it stops again and I have to keep pressing the cycle button until the cycle is completed. I believe for such a price I should not be carrying out such a tedious process as well as constantly checking if the light is flashing or not or if the toilet has cleaned it’s self. As I have previously mentioned it is really important for this issue to be resolved as I am a heavily disabled person that can not be spending such time next to the robot.
Please advise as soon as possible.

Good morning, we can’t do anything , could you help me , as soon as possible please, thank you.

Hello @ruslanvor2,

Thank you for your reply.

So it’s always that the yellow light is blink and it’s always blinking slowly (once per second), correct?

You have checked and cleaned the contact pins between the bonnet and the base and they are clean now, right?

Awaiting your confirmation.

Sincerely,

Hello, yes that’s right , we’ve do everything by your instructions, robot not working.Blipping once per second . I need help as soon as possible ( urgent).
Help me, Please

Hello @ruslanvor2,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the bonnet needs to be replaced.

Please confirm your shipping address so we can move forward with the bonnet replacement.

Sincerely,

Next week I’m going hospital , for a big operation for my spine, so that’s is why I am worried that the robot not working. Also last night it wasn’t working at all, just yellow blipping.

Ruslan Vorozhkin
8 St.Wilfred’s Way
Standish
Wigan
Lancashire
WN60DF
UK

We are sorry to hear that and hopefully the operation will go well.

We will forward you to our replacement department now to carry on with the process.

You should receive an email from them shortly with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.