Litter robot not stopping cycle when cat enters

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:

I have recently purchased a cat litter robot which is brilliant except it doesn’t stop the cleaning cycle when a cat enters. I read the manual and it seems to suggest that if a cat enters during the cleaning cycle it will pause until it has detected the cat has left.

We have a very inquisitive cat who is fascinated whenever the cycle starts and will jump in with it. He is 3.8kg in weight and I understood the minimum limit was 2.5kg, so I think it should be stopping? It does stop if his feet slip down into the hole but I’m not sure if it’s supposed to stop the cycle if a cat enters? Is there something we’ve done wrong in the setup?

Hardware concerned: litter Robot 3
Software concerned: N/A

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @LPFigwort,

Litter Robot III is equipped with a weight sensor so it can detect the cat. If it does not detect it, please try this troubleshooting first:

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem and my cat even has the same weight. He always jumps in and the cycling only stops when he sits down in the back. I am always worried because he is trying to get in the hole and the „crush-Protection“ doesn’t work with something thin as the cats tail.

Hi @Ijhana,

Have you gone through troubleshooting? Sometimes the issue is how and where you setup the robot.

I have exactly same issues. My cat is over 10 lb (4.4kg approximately) and he jumps into the sphere during the cycling. But, the cycling does not stop. Or, it temporarily stop for 5 seconds but start cycling when my cat is still in there. I think the robot supposed to stop when cats are working on. What should I do?

Hi @Jin and welcome to the forum.

The robot should stop when cat enters inside. But, jumping inside the globe could be issue for cat sensor.

Do you have fence installed at the entrance of the globe?

Yes, I have a fence installed. And, I am quite uncertain what is the difference btw jumping in and entering. Sensor should have worked for both cases, should’t it?

@Jin it should work but it is also important how and where you place your robot.

Read some guidelines here: Litter-Robot III Open Air - Cat is not Detected

Hi, did you solve the problem?
I am very disappointed! I have just received my litter robot and once I tried it it was not working properly. Sometimes it doesn’t activate the time when the cat goes out. Then a huge problem is that my curious cat wants to go in when the cycle is on and it doesn’t stop the cycle at all. It is very dangerous for my cats. I don’t want to use it at all if there is this risk…Please, can I receive support? I don’t know if it is just a problem so I need another one in substitution or I just need a refund.

Thanks.

Elena Pantaleo Licari Order Number #1047529

1 Like

Hi @ElenaP14,

Can we see some photos of where and how is your robot placed on the floor?

Do you press RESET button every time you change/add litter?

Thank you.