Robotic Arm AL5D Not working with flow

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
I recently purchased the Robotic Arm AL5D , It worked a couple of times through FlowArm PLTW, , I tried to program it using python and pyssc32 and not its not working. FlowArm PLTW shows Auto blinking lights and com14 ( correct com port) , but never activates any motor.

I found an old post Arm not communicating with flowarm and tried to debug based off of that.

1. I downloaded the lynxterm and i setup and press connect I get an error message saying unable to open com port win error code : 5

I tried skipping that and directly program the FTDI chip

I find this error

Hardware concerned:
AL5D robotic arm

Software concerned:
Flow Arm PLTW
Troubleshooting steps already taken:
I found an old post Arm not communicating with flowarm and tried to debug based off of that.

I downloaded the lynxterm and i setup and press connect I get an error message saying unable to open com port win error code : 5

I tried skipping that and directly program the FTDI chip

I find this error

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hey,

Have you seen this guide? I recommend that you disconnect all servomotors from the SSC-32U except for the first one (base servo motor, channel 0) and then try this troubleshooting guide from start to finish.

Please note the FT Prog solution is only for a very specific problem and is not a “general solution”.

Sincerely,

P.-S.: I have moved your topic to the Lynxmotion > Robot Arms category :slight_smile:

changing the baud rate fixed the issue. Thank you

1 Like

Great to hear it now works. Enjoy the product! :slight_smile: