Please help! Litter robot III - cannot find dump position

Hello, i’ve read a few of the forum postings here regarding the ‘cannot find dump position’ error, but the solutions don’t seem to work for my unit.

When the ready light is solid blue, and the cycle is triggered, the globe spins up to the point where it torques and lifts up a little, makes a squeak sound and then returns to start position. The status lights cycle from left to right indicating the dump position error (according to the guide).

After consulting this forum, I’ve performed the following:

• cleaned the device
  • checked the power supply (15.0v - 1.0a - 15.0 w)
  • ensured it is on a flat surface
  • ensure the magnets on the globe are in place by attracting my screwdriver to them
  • ensured the globe is positioned correctly on the track
  • checked the gear to ensure it is solid in place
  • ensured the weight inside the globe is in place
  • performed multiple resets and power on/offs

Thank you in advance for any help! We really love this product and want it work properly again.

Hello @Goose25,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

The issue is coming from the hall-effect sensor and it needs to be replaced.

We are attaching a guide to show you how to replace this sensor, please check it and let us know if you can replace the sensor at home or if you prefer to send us the robot for repair:
How to replace the hall effect sensor (1).zip (2.2 MB)

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your reply, Sir. My invoice number is 10881077 (my address on the invoice has since changed). After reviewing the guide, I believe I can install the sensor. Can you please tell me how I should go about ordering the parts? Thanks again for your prompt reply and help!

V/r

Hello @Goose25 ,

Thank you for your reply.

After checking your invoice, it seems that the robot is out of warranty since last September.

In this case, you can order a new hall-effect sensor from the following link:

We also recommend checking all the 3 sets of contact pins to see if they are damaged and need replacing or not.

Here are the videos to locate them:

If you found black spots on them, let us know so we can assist you in ordering a replacement.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Where at the magnets on this globe?

1 Like

Hi @Srrumps ,

Please see this post: Litter-Robot III Open Air: The secret behind the Globe | RobotShop Community

Thank you.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Litter-robot issue can’t find home/dump position