Litter-robot issue can't find home/dump position

Hello I have the same problem and I reset it 5 till 10 times and it is still not working.
Also the start position is not correct. It is now almost up side down

Hello @Isabel69,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

This issue could be coming from 3 parts:

1- The contact pins.

We will need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

2- Magnets inside the globe.

Please test the magnets by putting any metallic object on these two areas circled in red and check if the magnets would attract the object or not.

Globe Magnet 01
Globe Magnet 02

3- Misplaced or defective hall-effect sensor:

If the magnets are okay then the issue is coming from the hall-effect sensor and it needs to be replaced.

We have attached a guide to show you how to replace this sensor.

How to replace the hall effect sensor.pdf (2.2 MB)

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram, we have tried everything and nothing is working.
We have the litter robot 3 now 10 mounds. Our ordernumber is 11044616.
So I have still warnty.
Please help me.

Hello @Isabel69,

Thank you for your reply.

Are the magnets attracting metallic objects?

If yes, then the issue is coming from a defective hall-effect sensor so we can either send you a new sensor to replace at home or send the robot for repair under the warranty.

In both cases, we will need the following:

1- Shipping address.
2- Phone number.
3- Serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like
  1. Baron van lamsweerdelaan 23
    5037SC Tilburg Nederland
  2. 0031614487491
    3.LR3241041

Hello @Isabel69,

Do you wish to send the robot for repair or do you prefer to receive the new sensor to replace it at home?

Awaiting your decision.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I prefer to receive the new sensor.

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

1 Like

Hi today I recieved the new sensor/cable. I installed it as in the instruction. But it is still not working.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
This is not funny any more. The litterbox is 10 months old.

Hello @Isabel69,

We are sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

It’s possible that the sensor wasn’t installed correctly so please provide us with a picture like the one we are attaching below to verify:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

We can’t see the position of the sensor clearly so please remove the duct tape from it so we can have a better look.

Awaiting your reply.

I just put it back together. Ik can assure you that it is correctly placed. It is as in the instructions

Are you having a fast blinking yellow light as the globe fails to find the dump/home positions or is it a different error?

Upon re-checking our conversation we have noticed that you haven’t answered us when we asked you to check if the magnets are attracting metallic objects or not so please check and let us know how it goes.

The magnets are circled in red in the following pictures:
Globe Magnet 01
Globe Magnet 02

Awaiting your reply.

No I have a other error.
The blue, yellow and red lights are blinking one after one.
The magnets are attracting metal.

I have checked every thing that I found in the topics about not finding the home / dumping possision.

Are you using the original power adapter and plugging it directly into the wall?

Does the globe rotate slower than the usual?

1 Like

Yes,we are you using the original power adapter and plugging it directly into the wall

Does the globe rotate slower than the usual? No

And now the red light is blinking and it will not work any more.
Please can I send it back for repear?

Her is the pakking list.

Hello @Isabel69 ,

In this case, we recommend sending the robot to our repair center for inspection and repair.

You will need to send us the base, the bonnet, and the power supply of the robot. No need to ship the drawer and the globe.

You can place the globe over the waste drawer and use them as a stationary litter box until the rest of the robot gets back to you.

We suggest a box dimension of 24 “wide x 18” deep x 24 "high. The Bonnet should be put in the box upside down on top of the litter base.

Please confirm when you are ready to proceed with the repair process.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like