My Female Android Robot Project Update

that’s cool giving the ability to feel pain I cannot wait to see the demo movie.
Where can someone find optical sensors?

I don’t think you need anything specfic like special fiber optics sensors.

You can get the thin plastic stuff they use (forgot what its called). Then get a small LED or something that can emit light through the plastic. Then at the other end have a light sensor which will detect if there is light in the tube.

I really like this idea of pain detection with light.

animetown9 what light sensor are you having success with or anyone, can you suggest a light sensor that would possibly work with the ssc32

This would be a great ability to add to the ssc32.

I don’t think any sensors would work with the SSC-32,the SSC-32 is meant for Sending pulses not receiving Data from sensors.

Maybe someone said SSC by mistake instead of ABB :wink:

That exactly what i was thinking :laughing:

hey wayne cough ABB cough :wink:

"animetown9 what light sensor are you having success with or anyone, can you suggest a light sensor that would possibly work with the ssc32 "

I don’t have ssc32, so I don’t know what it is capable of.
I assume it is used to control servo, it has nothing to do with sensors.

The reason I use optical wire is because they are relatively cheap and they are strong. You put them together alongside… it will look like human muscle fiber… which is fine for me because it gets the job done.

optical nerve will be put every where, including her breast.
If you accientally touch her breast, Aiko will stare at you.
If you pinch her breast, she will try to put her arm around the breast trying to protect it, and tell you to “stop touching my breast”.
Now if keep doing it, she will slap you. and tell you to “21!$^%!$#”

You get the point.

The arm works the same way, aiko know the difference between being touch gently, med touch, and to the point it will feel pain.
It will react differently… it will probably be easier when I have the video demo, then trying to explain by words.
:smiley:

zomg, i love you. I am placing 1 preorder for a female android :slight_smile:

That is totally awesome :laughing: I can’t wait for a demo video of that!!!

Ditto. Oh I fond a site that sells optical wire and I must say it’s really cheap but I hope your demo will explain alot of questions I have to ask

Well you are all correct that the ssc32 is good when the fine control of servos is required but it also has the ability to receive sensor data with 4 abcd channels at 8 bit resolution.

You can attach 4 Fsr’s and another thread in this forum (I cannot remember where) talks about multplexing 8 to 16 inputs. I have not yet tried this but hope to as time permits.

I was hoping someone has experience with a light source for analog input on the ssc but an analog input light sensor on the abb would probably be the same.

This is such a neat idea, so what say you animetown9, can you point us towards this optical sensor and see if it will work with the ssc32.

yeah what wayne said

I didnt know that :open_mouth:

Now I do :wink:

Me neither,It snot that i don’t believe you ro anything,but i better ask Jim about this,bacause if this is possible,then why does everyone buy a basic atom and a SSC-32?

Because from what i understand, SSC-32 has only certain pins (example 0123) that can be used for this where as the ABB is made on all channels to handle input data from the devices.

SO what you are saying is there is not as much Input pins on the SSC-32 as there are on the basic atom?

Below is the previous ssc32 input discussion.

lynxmotion.net/phpbb/viewtop … sc&start=0

Not bad so the SSC32 do have inputs imagine using the fiber optic nerve system to it the bot would have a better sense of what it’s touching instead of range finders.

Even with a fiber optic nerve system, the robot still won’t know what it is touching. It will only know it is touching something. In order to give the robot the ability to figure out what it is touching, it would require MASSIVE amounts of AI code which currently do not exist today. It would also need a HUGE HUG E HUGE memory with a giant array/table of all the things in the world it can touch and it would need super fine calculations to get upto the very high precision of digits. The only “easy” way to do it is give it the brain of a new born and have it learn. Although technology like that is in the works today, it will still require a lot of work and heavy smart AI code to get it fully functional.

"SSC32 "

I don:t know anything about SSC32. But I do know that it is not power enough to do complex thing. Even if you are able to connect 16 sensors to it, it would not be enough to make Aiko feel physical sensation.

The physical sensation inside Aiko required a separate Mainboard with 1Ghz.
Currently, Aiko has 3 mainboards each with 1Ghz.
if I do get Aiko to walk, then it will be a total of 4 mainboards.

Aiko is hungry for power, but it really doesn:t take that much energy source.
The power is but in safe mode when it is not in used.

To make Aiko to have the same nervous system as a human is impossible for one person (not in my life time anyway).

But to mimic the same as nervous system as a human is possible.
It’s a starting point to make an android acts more like human…
“one step at a time”