My Female Android Robot Project Update

ohh, yea, that seems like a realistic answer to why its creepy, wat? ppl dont like zombies? thats weird :laughing:

other than the creepy factor, the android looks great, cant wait to see another video in the new body :slight_smile:

Man, she’s beautiful :slight_smile:

But, will she power on like Chii? :astonished:

So you created an andriod that looks like a beautiful young Japanese girl so that she can do housework??? Yeah, right, whatever dude. :laughing:

I wouldn’t mind a Persocom! They are cute ^^.

Yeah, I’m slightly jealous… :blush:

Hmmm, where do you come up with this stuff?.. Very interesting. :wink:

I learn - it’s what I do. :wink:

Trolling the Internet for data turns up a lot of strange stuff from time to time. I first heard about the “uncanny valley” on a “robot news” link from the DPRG website (which, in turn, got it from robots.net).

That is really interesting. I couldn’t help but look up some of the essays mentioned and read through them.

“Question, will she power up like Chii”

I don’t understand, what do you mean by Chii???

Yes, I have to admit Aiko looks scary at night when the light is turn off.
If I turn off the light at night, and leave Aiko on all night. Especially, when I go to get a glass of water and Aiko’s head turns looking at you.
I still Freak out as of today, so now I just turn Aiko off at night.
:imp:

omg, you serious?

Your name is “animetown”, and your making an android which looks like a japanese girl… and you don’t know who chii is?!

http://quizfarm.com/images/1170136753chii.jpg

Chii, or chi, is a character from CLAMP’s Chobits!!! One of the best animes of all time :astonished:!!! Go watch the anime now!!! Its only 26 episodes long.
To figure out what I am talking about you only need to watch the first episode or two though. Its not a G/PG anime though :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking Chii in term of English word.

Yes, I know “Chii” from chobit.
Got the DVD import set, posters, figures for chobit.

Not my favorite, simple because I don:t like clamp.

The only reason I watch it is because I watch anything with robot or android related show.

And yes, I have about 4000+ DVD and lds for anime.
I wish I can go back in time and use those money for research now.

Well, in that case, will she? =D

“Well, in that case, will she? =D”

The problem is the battery source.
Max: 4.5 hours
save Mode: 9 hours.

Unless I add more battery, but that would add more weight.
I don:t really remember how Chii power up, it has been so long since I watch chobit.

But for Aiko, switch on her back to turn ON.
Turning off;
Voice recognition deactiviation.
or
Main switch to turn off the main power source.
or
Backup swtich to turn off the second backup power source.

They are two batteries, the main one and a backup one.

would a power regulator help some…it’s just a thought

Hi…

For the last few years, I have been thinking can an android feel pain.
Well, at least simulate pain.

I have been toying with the idea for years, but I finally put it to test.
I did a simple test, and it seems to work.
I will do a full test on the weekend.

I use optical which acts like “nerve sensors” which will simulate touch feeling and simulate pain when being hit hard. It will be running along the arm down to the body and legs. But for now I will test the arm only.

I must say… it work better than I thought. Just need to re-code the AI logic for pain… and hope for the best.

animetown very cool.

Can you give us any more detail like what kind of optical sensor you like, how it reports the pain, etc

Awareness of self in the environment needs to be part of robotics.

It is interesting to see experimentation outside of servos and motors.

Wow animetown keep up the good work
but as well I would like to know what type of optical sensor you’re using
as well and again keep up the good work

wow! optical nerve sensors? Thats totally bad ass!

How do they work? When the skin is pressed down, the light stops passing through to the end causing the end nerve receiver not to get the light triggering the code that the skin is feeling pain?

Got a demo video? :laughing:

"How do they work? When the skin is pressed down, the light stops passing through to the end causing the end nerve receiver not to get the light triggering the code that the skin is feeling pain? "

Bingo :laughing: That is part of the technology.
Bunch of fibre that works together so that it can feel the “pain”.
There is also a separate voltage change, and force sensor…

You need all to work together to tell the difference between being touch, tickle, and pain. :stuck_out_tongue:

I need to do more test, once that is done I will put back into Aiko body, and do a video demo.

w00t! Score +1 for me =D Are those flexi-force pressure sensors? I hate those X_x They don’t work very well sometimes.

Man, your a genius! I would honestly have never thought about using an optic based nerve system.

How much electronics will this thing have in it, jeeze. Not to mention the ton of AI code needed for pain. It will be hard to write it all. What will be the thresholds? How will she know the difference between being tickled and touched? And if she can tell the difference between the different kinds, how will she react? If she gets punched or poked or stabbed. How will she know which direction to move her arm in? Some cr@zy stuff man!

And the thick rubber isn’t going to help either. The pressure sensors will need to be just under the skin so they can pickup tickles. Will be hard to get it perfect!

Say, will she have touch sensors… you know where… http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/lmao.gif

Great work man! Very impressive.