My Female Android Robot Project Update

“awesome project but tell me how were you able to come up with the AI program?”

Which part of AI do you want to know?
Voice, recognition, automation, vision, motion etc…
Please let me know which one you want to know.
There are too much to go in detail for all of them.

I will just pick one.
The voice and speech was original done in Basic.
The English and the Japanese speech were programmed in basic.
It gets the job done.

When talking it get the pronouncation from the data base.
There is a lot of exception for each words, so my data have to keep track of the exception.

Example.
I read
I have read.
He has read.

The word “read” spell the same, but say differently.
Aiko has to check the keyword before and after each word to make sure the pronounce is correct.
This goes the same for the reading japanese.
It was a lot of work in the beginning, but now most of it are done.
But I still have to update the database regularly.

There are still some words that Aiko say it wrong, but that is the learning process, which I still have to fix.

You must have a lot of experience with the BASIC language,
its easy in some ways,but harder in other ways.

"You must have a lot of experience with the BASIC language, "

Yes, I am a Basic Language lover. Personally, I think it is better than Java.
But there is some limitation with basic.
Most of the movenment, and vision, recognition are done with C.
But the speech engine is done from basic.

Long live basic 8)

I guess we have somthing in common then,
my favorite language is Basic,
and my second favorite is C and my third is C# :smiley: (im still learning C# though :wink: )

In the world of robotics that almost makes sense, since many controllers have BASIC compilers, but in the enterprise software development world, well … :laughing:

“In the world of robotics that almost makes sense, since many controllers have BASIC compilers, but in the enterprise software development world, well …”

Back in the good old days… I have to program the micro controller in Basic or in Hex. I didn:t have much choice.

But now you can program in Java or C, C#.

But I am an old school type of a person, I prefer doing all my programing in Basic, unless I have no choice but to do in C#. :smiling_imp:

I wish they have a universal “robot language” that we can program, but that is only a dream… :bulb:

SSC-32
I have never bought one, I am just curious what type of language it uses to program?

LONG LIVE Basic !!! :smiley:

The SSC-32 is not “programmed” so much as it receives its commands down a serial line from a host computer or microcontroller. The protocol used to move the servos and read the inputs is explained in the manual], downloadable from the website.

Per other post, the ssc-32 can be reprogrammed to change some of its features, but one would really have to know what they are doing.

I added in the new gear system to aiko neck, and I must say… aiko can now move the head smoothly.
Also added new system for the mouth to make it less noisy. It is still noisy but not as much as the last demo. 60% less noise.

I was also told that my modified body will be shipping back to me this month.
So more pictures and video coming soon.

Also, I got whole bunch of sensors… probably going to put inside her breast and shoulder, so when anyone try to touch her breast, she will slap you. :smiling_imp:

And I almost done with human trace motion, meaning if you left your left arm, Aiko will do the same by looking at you.
The point of this was to do Tai Chi… :stuck_out_tongue:

Put her in a pair of stripper heels and you can deal me in. :wink:

Lets keep it clean! :laughing:

Oh, come on. I mean, don’t you see how practical something like that would be? Picture this: you’re working on your robot, soldering together a wiring harness, when all of a sudden, you realize that you don’t have anything with which to remove the insulation on a wire. No problem - you just reach down, take off your shoe, and use the tool that’s built into the stripper heel! Voila - one neatly de-insulated wire, ready to be tinned and soldered.

…and when you’re done, you can sit back and admire your work while popping the cap off of a cold one with your sandals] that have a built-in bottle opener! :wink:

Absolutely… good personal hygeine skills are a must for that kind of thing.

On so many levels… :open_mouth:

lol! :smiley: :laughing:

“[sandals] that have a built-in bottle opener!”

Hmm… I would make Aiko wears it , but I don:t drink beer, so probably not.

Not a bad idea tho… :astonished:

Nice work man! Keep it up.

Question, will she power up like Chii? :wink:

Hi all.

I manage to get back the body in one piece.
I will have demo video of Aiko doing some BASIC houseworks within a few weeks. :smiling_imp:

I just need to config the software to work with Aiko new body.
In additional, I will add more sensors.

In the meantime I have taken some pictures.

wow that looks…good :open_mouth:

i have to be honest though, and say its a bit creepy looking, idk wat it is about it

Part of it may be the “uncanny valley” link]. Then there’s the “creepy factor” of a fully compliant FemBot too, which is unsettling on a whole different level…