Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano - UAV / Drones Flight Controller

[highlight=#ffffff][font=arial, sans-serif]Hi All,

This is an update regarding the Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano product status. First we wish to thank you again for your order and trust in RobotShop / Lynxmotion, as well as your incredible patience.

After investigation we found an issue with our boards while testing the final units. Our factory installed a faulty batch of ATmega2560 and they will need to be replaced in order to provide the best quality board for our customers. We need them to be perfect!

This situation will add some delay but rest assured that it will be resolved in the quickest way possible. Good news is, everything else is functional and each unit where we replaced the ATmega2560 was fully operational during our testing procedure. We are therefore certain that you will be pleased with the final product and that the wait will have been worth it.

Best Regards,

Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo[/font][/highlight]

Thank you for the update, Eric. If you want to read a real horror story, look into what happened to the folks who created the Raspberry Pi…talk about component issues and such! I’ll put my patience cap back on.
Best regards,
Lofton

Hi All,

This is an update concerning the issue we posted about yesterday.

After further investigation from our team we found that the ATmega2560 is not faulty but simply required proper chip initialization (atmel fuse settings) before burning the bootloader. What we thought were dead chips were in fact just set to different factory defaults not compatible with the bootloader and easily corrected by writing the correct fuse values.

We are sorry for the confusion yesterday and we shouldn’t have spoken so soon. The good news is this should greatly speed up the delivery for our customers that have pending orders.

The batch we have for testing is currently being flashed and tested at RobotShop / Lynxmotion prior to assembly in their casing. The balance of the production will be flashed and tested as well by our factory.

Best regards,

Hi All,

Here is our team putting together the Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano. This should make the day of some people who are waiting for their boards http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif"%20%20%20%20%20%20%20border=“0”%20%20%20%20%20%20%20alt=""%20%20%20%20%20%20%20title=“Smilie”%20%20%20%20%20%20%20style="padding-bottom:%203px;%20vertical-align:%20middle;%20font-family:%20arial,%20helvetica,%20sans-serif;%20font-size:%2014.6666669845581px;%20background-color:%20rgb(255,%20255,%20255);

Next: Shipping Confirmations
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight][/size][/font]
QN-FC - Angle 01 (small).jpg

Hello! Congratulations for the Quadrino flight controller. I’ve a question about it, I want control my drone with the computer, is telemetry possible? The WinGUI has a function to set it? Thanks!

Congratulations on your breakthrough, Eric! Now the real work begins.
Assembling, testing, shipping, and keeping everyone happy. I promise to be a happy customer.
Lofton
PS my v-tail 500 awaits its new brain…

It’s possible to implement things since the Quadrino Nano is Arduino based.
There are a few ports available to connect different devices like bluetooth and we will release a set of “Development Wiring” soon… :wink:

Hi All,

We are now shipping Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano Flight Controllers to everyone who Pre-Ordered this product. In fact we started shipping yesterday. You should receive a shipping confirmation by email very soon if you haven’t already. At the same time, we released the first version of our Firmware Configuration Tool (FCT). This program will guide you to setup and load MultiWii in the ATmega2560. Make sure to download & try it.

Quadrino - Firmware Configuration Tool (FCT)

Some of the FCT features:

]USB drivers detection / Link to download them/:m]
]Latest MultiWii 2.4 (will add earlier version soon)/:m]
]Support for the earlier version of Quadrino’s and the new Quadrino Nano/:m]
]Step by Step configuration without the need for Arduino IDE/:m]
]Profile Saving for multiple frames /:m]
]Starting PID creation based on user input/:m]
]Built-in WinGUI & MultiWiiConf installer and shortcuts/:m]
]/:m]Another good news is that the Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano is now “In Stock” and ready to ship as well. For customers in Europe, stock will be transferred shortly and shipping will start within 10 days. Don’t worry, we have enough for everyone and Pre-Order units are reserved.

Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo

Hi Eric.

Great work!
Congratz on finally shipping!
It certainly looks like a great product. Also nice design with round corners.:wink:
Is there an offical video of it in action?

Hi zenta,

Really happy to see you posting these days. I kind of miss you and your hexapod’s magic.
That remind me that i also need to finish mine.

At the time, no official video but one guy posted flights while testing the pre-production. Not the best but something.

It’s an Arduino compatible board and can run MultiWii project.

:slight_smile:

Hello, all,
My Quadrino Nano arrived the other day and it’s truly a work of art! I know its new and all and I’m hoping for guidance on a couple of things.

First, are there “generic” settings for a Hunter V-Tail 500? I realize there are lots of possible component combinations, but a set of starting settings would make me more comfortable. The FCT is pretty straightforward but it would be awesome if someone could take screen shots of their setup for the 500 (and heck, how about the 400, too?). Like I said it would be a starting point. I’ve been to the Flying Einstein site and the tutorials are helpful but have not been updated for the Quadrino Nano.

Although I don’t need it yet (I don’t think) can you provide guidance on connecting a Bluetooth module? Also, can I install the FCT on my iPad or my Android tablet?

Finally, and I’m embarrassed to admit this, I over-tightened one of the mounting screws while attaching the controller to my V-Tail…and cracked the upper case. It super-glued back together pretty well but I like pristine. Can I purchase a case separately?

Congratulations to Eric and the whole team who is bringing this really neat tool to the hobby. I know you folks worked really hard to get the product launched and I hope you are released from the sanatorium all rested and refreshed.

Lofton

Many thanks for your nice words, it’s always welcome to know the product is appreciated.
About your Casing, we just listed a kit to replace it. Right now it’s only available on the Lynxmotion website but should be available soon on RobotShop as well.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#ffffff]Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano replacement Casing[/highlight][/font]

What do you mean by “Generic Settings” for the VTail’s ?
The FCT will allow for normal MultiWii setup of VTAIL4 as well as our custom mixing in the options page. (look at the attached pictures)

Sellect the VTAIL4 than in the “Options / Flight” there is a drop down menu called “Custom Mix” and the usual one is “KipKool”

For the Bluetooth module, you need to connect to the serial1 port and that mean a custom cable that we will release soon.
The FCT is only Windows based for now.

Thank you, Eric.

Hi All,

We know it’s in French, but we would like to share this little Unboxing video of the Quadrino Nano posted on Facebook today.
First one that we know about.

Hi everybody!

I have one question regarding radio harness. I have seen on forum diagram with wires coloring and names but in my box is another diagram with different wire names. Which one is true?

Best,

Josip

The diagram should be the one written on the card inside your Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano box.
It should be identical to the picture on THIS post.

Where did you see another diagram that don’t match ? If there is a mistake, we want to correct it to avoid confusion.

Also, you can look at the pinout in the Quick Start guide:
Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano - Quick Start v1.0.pdf

Here it is: rcgroups.com/forums/showthre … 440&page=4

Yes the cards where changed before. This was corrected in a later post HERE.
However, i just did a correction to that post to eliminate the possible errors and interrogation related to that old post HERE.

Hi All,

We just shot a short video showing the next upgrade of the FCT (Firmware Configuration Tool) about the “Copter” page. This will allow for an easier way to configure the type of copter as well as generate starting PID values that will work out of the box. All settings use sliders to make things easier and you can restore “default” values easily. There is also the addition of a little copter view and animated propellers (to show the direction) for reference when putting together your motors/props. We can now “read” and “write” the PID values in the FCT software. If you make changes here, the application will ask you if you want to update them right after flashing is complete. You can also go back on that same page later and load new PID without “flashing”.

[left]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbDHZtrMnsg[/left]

The new FCT looks awesome, Eric. Question: when will it be available for download?

Based on the video it seems this tool will finally enlighten me on the mystery of PID controller settings, which is no small feat! Namely the FCT shows me the effect of going to mild flight on the PID settings and vice versa. Now I don’t have to get a Ph.D. In electrical engineering!

So, when can I have it?. I like NOW. Does NOW work for you?

Don’t be a tease!
Lofton