Litter-Robot II Advanced Troubleshooting Guide | RobotShop Community

Many thanks for the helpful trouble shooting guide. I had thought the motor on my unit was probably just toast but with the help of your guide I was able to determine it was actually the result of the sensor harness and was able to fix it up without having to replace anything, yet :).

Our Litter Robot stopped working… I followed the t/s procedures… I verified the power supply is faulty but continued to t/s with another power supply… I cannot get power to come on the unit… I have good current through the On/Off switch all the way out to the circuit board… Thoughts? THX

@Scott If the power supply is faulty, then you would need to purchase a new one here… If you also have current all the way up to the circuit board, then the circuit board is also faulty.

Just purchased a used Litter Robot. When I turned the unit on, it cycled counterclockwise beyond and continued to rotate past the waste ports, making a loud noise when the globe overrotates with the waste ports slamming shut. It then a bit later returns clockwise, causing litter to spill all over from the waste ports. Looking at videos online, it appears the robot is supposed to turn counterclockwise until the waste ports open fully, then return by spinning clockwise. Should I replace the sensors or the circuit board?

1 Like

Hi, I have an older version of the base that was not put together with torx screws. Any idea how I can disassemble it? Thanks.

@Steve We would suggest you to verify the hall effect sensor and verify if its correctly in place. If so, then we would suggest you to replace the harness. Usually, this problem is caused by a defective hall effect sensor.

@Brian S Your unit has been put together with rivets. You will need to drill them out.

I’m having a problem with my Litter Robot II. Yesterday we found the LR2 Globe stopped at an angle and not on it’s upright position. Pressing the cycle button caused it to normally cycle (the motors appeared to work OK without struggle) but later on we heard it having problems cycling on it’s own. There would be intermittent stuttering - stopping and starting every second or so. The track appears clean and without obstruction. I’m wondering if this would be an issue with the circuit board or the motor.

@Javier If the unit seems to stutter, the problem is usually caused by the motor.

Hello, we have had our litter robot for about 6 years and it has been amazing so far, but we have recently started experiencing issues with it. The unit will randomly start rotating for a few seconds even when the cat hasn’t been near it, then it will stop for a few seconds, and start again rotating in either direction for a split second and so on. It goes off randomly for a few seconds about once every ten minutes at least, then starts and stops off and on for the next couple of minutes rotating in either direction until it eventually settles back at the neutral position. The cycle button also only works sporadically, and when the button does work the unit will randomly stop rotating mid cycle, and after a few seconds it will either continue cycling correctly or start going off and on randomly back towards the start position. The only way we can guarantee it to cycle correctly is by unplugging it and then plugging it back in, at which point it completes an entire cycle. I’ve completed all the steps in the troubleshooting guide with no obvious solution. I think I may need a priest to perform an exorcism. Do you have any ideas? Thanks very much!

@Louis S The problem you are experiencing is caused by a sensor or the circuit board, but certainly not a demon/ghost/spirit, so the priest won’t be necessary here. We would suggest you to verify the cat sensor switch and safety line switch for connectivity issues. If you have a voltmeter, you can disconnect both and test the connectivity by pressing on them while they are plugged to the voltmeter. If the switches are triggering correctly, the problem may lie with the circuit board. You can also verify prior to the unit rotating randomly if the yellow light is turned on. If so, the cat sensor is being triggered. Maybe an adjustment of the cat sensor sensitivity could help, or a new switch. Please let us know.

I had. No power from the circuit board so purchased a new one via robot shop. Just installed and it lights up and works but it isn’t stopping where it should on its cycle. It’s going too far past the stop point and too far pat the return. Approx 1/2 a turn more than needed. What else could be the issue? What part of the unit tells the globe where and when to stop? Is it a program built into the circuit board or a sensor somewhere?
Many thanks in advance.

@Nicola You should verify if the Hall Effect sensor is correctly in place, with the white stripe toward the inside of the base, as shown on the picture above. You can also verify if the connectors on the circuit board has been plugged in correctly with this guide.

Hello, I have purchased the litter robot through your website about 3 years ago (I am in France). It worked fine until a few days ago.
Sometimes (not always - but more and more often) instead of cycling the orange light goes on but it does not cycle, and after a while it goes back to green.
What could be the problem?
I have looked at the sensor under the lid but do not see anything wrong.
Sometimes after a few manipulations I have managed to make it start again correctly but the problem occurs more and more frequently and this morning I do not seem to manage to bring it back to life. Help! Please!

@Royere We suggest you to verify the motor connections, verify if they are intact and if they are corroded or not. The problem can be caused by the motor itself or the connections.

Yellow light comes on, doesn’t cycle. Replaced motor and all wiring. Any other suggestions?

@Marisa Verify the motor connections using our motor replacement guide. Verify the connections and let us know how it goes.

Checked the connections, it will cycle now, but not completely. It will stop on the return and all the lights start blinking. Any suggestions?

@Marisa, it seems that you are having further issues with the robot, you can contact our Support Center for help, someone will gladly answer you and help you out. Here is the link. : https://www.robotshop.com/en/support/ticket/submit/

There are no lights on the control panel but when turned on the globe turns but continues in the same direction. When it gets to part where it usually stops and goes back in opposite direction it carries on and there is a loud noise as if the motor is forcing the globe to continue in the same direction.