Litter Robot 3 - Flashing Blue

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: Litter Robot globe was stuck at the half way mark with the yellow light flashing. After turning off, removing the globe and repositioning and turning the robot back on, it is now stuck with a flashing blue light. I’ve checked the DFI sensors which are clean and not obscructed (I’ve also tried this wihtout any bag in the tray). When turning the unit back on after 30 minutes it lights each light individually then the blue light comes on, and imediately starts flashing at the rate of about 1 flash a second.

Hardware concerned: Liter Robot 3 (order 1500040512)

Troubleshooting steps already taken:
Unit was turned off, Globe has been removed, repositioned back in the home postion and the unit turned back on

Tray has been emptied and the reset button has been pressed to try and reset the sensors.

DFI sensors have been checked for debris, the covers cleaned with a damp cloth and dried with a microfibre cloth. The reset button also has been pressed but does nto appear to be doing anything

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @uxbperson !

Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry about your problem. Please check this thread: Litter-Robot III Open Air issue: Blue Blinking Light

Let me know if that helps you :grin:

Hi

I’ve followed this and also this. It doesn’t seem to have resolved the issue.

I have reseated everything, and can confirm that everything seems to be making contact. On reseting there seems to be three seperate potential failure modes

1. The unit ‘boots’, cycles through the lights, and the Blue light starts flashing. This happens with, and without the tray in. I can confirm that the sensors have no debris on them and are clean.

2. The unit ‘boots’, the blue light goes on after running through all the lights and then the yellow light flashes fast. I’ve checked that the pinch sensors ‘connect’.

3. The Unit ‘boots’ but gets stuck on the orange light. The buttons on the front, including power, do not do anything in this failure mode. Turning the Unit off for 10-30 seconds and powering it back on puts it into one of the other two failure modes.

Are there any points that I should check with a multimeter or for continutiy or similar ?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Blue blinking light LRIII

Hi

This should be under waranty for my self, as the unit is about 2 months old. Order was 1500040512

Thanks

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.