Liiter robot 3: keeps cycling

Hi!

I have a litter robot 3 connect, took it apart to clean, i reassembeled and it seems to be stuck in the cycle mode. As soon as i press power it begins to cycle as usual, but it reaches the home position, it never lights up blue for ready, it just cyclrs again and again. Im not sure what is causing this.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Amandawhitlock and welcome to our forum!

Sorry to hear about the problem.

Did you maybe disassemble the globe recently like this Litter-Robot III Open Air: The secret behind the Globe | RobotShop Community .

If magnets are lost or not returned properly, it would explain why the globe is not stopping where it should.

Thank you.

1 Like

It appears to know where to stop…it just never goes into ready mode. Just keeps acting as if it needs another cycle and another cycle. The light never goes from yellow to blue, just recycles after it gets done with the last cycle.

1 Like

Hi @Amandawhitlock!

Thank you for your reply.

This sounds like a problem with cat sensor.

I see that you order one replacement cat sensor which is a good step.

Maybe you already received it today?

Anyway, when you receive it and install it, robot should work fine.

Let us know.

I am also having this same issue. It wont cycle, nor will it reset.

1 Like

Hi @Amandawhitlock !

Did you replace the cat sensor?

I haven’t received the cat sensor as of yet, however, I unplugged ot cleaned all around it. And it was working fine for a few days…got litter robot to reset the app, as it was attached to someone else’s account. Then I got a litter robot full alert, pulled open the app and the robot is missing from my account again. Tried to reconnect the app, and now I have a blue blinking light, when I hit reset it goes to yellow blinking.

1 Like

Hi again @Amandawhitlock !

This sounds like a problem with DFI sensor and anti-pinch pins, so we suggest replacing these parts also.

Here is a link to these parts:

This video will show you how to replace these parts: Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation - YouTube

We hope this helps.

Feel free to ask anything else.

1 Like

Alright i have changed…the cat sensor…the dfi sensor…the pinch sensor, now the robot cycles gets done and all 3 lights lights flash now. What gives? Think ive replaced nearly the whole robot by now.:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi @Amandawhitlock !

Please check the Hall-sensors. Read more here: Litter-Robot III Open Air - About The Hall Effect Sensor | RobotShop Community

If these are not positioned properly it would explain the 3 blinking lights error.

Thank you.

I reseated the hall sensors and am now back to the original problem, the robot cycles, then stops for a second and then goes back into anther cycle one after another, the blue ready light never comes on. I have switched the bonnet out, the power plug, and the globe with a second robot I have. None of these seem to make a difference. Also it appears my robot will not reconnect back to the wifi, I hold the two buttons as directed and never get a blinking light.

1 Like

Hi @Amandawhitlock and sorry for late reply.

That is very strange behavior of the robot.

Do you want to send it to RobotShop for inspection and repair?

Repair center is in Canada.

Thank you.