Help picking parts for Sumo robot

Hi there,
I am building a sumo robot for my end of mechatronics course in the first year. I have to keep the robot in a (L)10cmx(W)10cm (width has some leeway due to wheels) frame and i’m modifying the body in SolidWorks while keeping the weight at about 500g (0.5kg). I have all the coding done but for the three wheel movement as well as the parts my uni gave me were okay but i’m planning to upgrade: the wheels to omni wheels which are either the 4" omni wheels ( RB-Sct-1058) or the 60mm aluminium omni wheels ( RB-Nex-75) and then which motor would suffice for it if I used a li-po battery or 3 18650 high capacity batteries?

Also I would like it to be budget conscious if possible as the uni might or might not give us our robots back depending on the response from them. Hopeful that it is and if someone can guide me to a guide on coding for three omni wheels?

Hello @FlamingIngot and welcome to the RobotShop community,

It is best if you choose your motor according to the “strength” your robot needs. I suggest using this tool:

Do you already have a motor controller? What programming language are you using?

Here are other resources that might come in handy: