10 Tips for Getting Started with Robotics | RobotShop Community

@Abdul Consider Arduino, which is arguably the most popular programming language (and hardware) to start with.

hey you have put up some site but the currency used for purchasing in USD and i’m an indian could you recommend me some site which is cheep and best. you have done a very good job can you give me some more suggestion on where to buy a better kit . you recommended lego but in indian currency it is very costly.you have done a vary good job keep it up

@sai This article is over 10 years old, so product shave since changed quite a lot. Unfortunately our website does not allow for currency in Rupees. You can find our selection of kits here: https://www.robotshop.com/en/robot-kits.html

Is there out there a guard robot that singly or with similar ones will point at birds or a swam of insects and shoot to stop them from getting into a crop field.

@ABYSLO None that we are aware of.

thanks for the help! :wink:

Give brief discription about programing also

@Pihu Pateriya Hope this helps: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/robots/gorobotics/tutorials/arduino

This helped heaps but I have no experiance at all with robotics and was wondering how i would be able to learn programing without spending money at all.

@Aysha Try codeacademy - they have free tutorials / lessons for many programming languages (and the programming software is free as well).

Thank you for the information . Hi I am from India and is really intrested in robotics . I am in seniour high school and have a preety good exprience with Arduino Kits as well as programming . It would be very greatful of you if you give me some more information on it,

What do i do if i want to get all the basic items for robotics and for a robotics project which has a high budget?(i did my best to search the cheap items)I live in Malaysia and everthing costs up to RM500+.I also have a basic to intermediate knowledge on robotics.

@Suren Take a look on robotshop.com for a vast selection of robotics products.

Hey! This was very helpful; thanks a ton! I am currently pursuing MS in Mechanical Engineering(first year). I don’t have much experience with electrical equipments & programming languages. But, I am still interested in working on robots used in medical field. There is some research going on in my school in controls & robotics. They use only Labview & Matlab. Do you think I need to learn additional programming languages for a successful career in robotics? I would appreciate some career tips as well. Thanks in advance!!

@SOHIL SHAH It depends on what you are most passionate about. If you enjoy programming, then it can certainly be a valuable asset. Note that Labview and Matlab are not “programming languages” like C++, .NET, Java etc.

Hello! I am 12th standarad student. And i am much intrested in robotics. I am also attending some workshops without proper knowledge on electronics and programming.Is my way correct? Or i should read books and articles ?and if i should read books or article what would you suggest? Please siggest me further!

@Arun Chaulagain It’s really up to you and what you enjoy most. People who are successful in robotics come from a wide variety of different backgrounds - many have attended university in engineering or related fields while others are self-taught. The more you know and do, the better you will be in the end. Theory can only get you so far - it’s how you react to adversity (things that don’t work at all the first few times) which will determine if you enjoy it and how well you’ll do.

This article helped a lot thnx

Dear William,
I love fundamentals clearance. I believe if fundamentals are clear, then you can tackle any problem with patiently working hard towards your goal. Robotshop all (almost) articles have this quality; including this one. Keep it up!

I want to know all about motors for robotics application, Can you guide me please which is the best book or any other source?