10 Tips for Getting Started with Robotics | RobotShop Community

@Matha You might consider a robot kit.

Hello, i am usman, i get register my team in robotic contest and there is a theme for presenting robot there.
First thing is, there is an arena having different boxes having some dimension. My robot have to firstly localize itself and move to pick a box and place it into safe zone. I need help how i get started with it and what should i do firstly? I shall be very thankful for you’r kind reply.

@Muhammad Usman Rafiq Since your question is more design / concept related, please create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum and we’d be happy to provide some ideas. In the meantime: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/how-to-make-a-robot-lesson-7-using-sensors-2-3683

What languages can an arduino understand?

@Daniel, Here is a quick link to the Arduino Language Reference page.

I can build basic robots like fire fighter, obstacle avoider, RF and DTMF based robot etc but i want to calculate power, current and voltage at each and every point. So, anyone of you can help me in that. Please suggest a good book that can help me out in getting these things. I am also interested to look for waveshapes.

@Gurdeep It sounds like you need a book about circuit design. Unfortunately at this time we do not have anything like that (you’d need a course textbook).

Any recommended vender to but the whole parts for robot kit ?

@Thair The article is posted on the RobotShop blog, so how about RobotShop.com ?

@Coleman Benson Can you please send me your email ID at [email protected]. I actually have a project & required a primary source of my project & wanted to take you as my primary source.
Thanks in advance,
Vatsal Solanki

@Vatsal Solanki Unfortunately at this time I cannot provide personalized help for projects.

sir,
im making project on robot with night vision base on RFID …
im confused where to start the project ,…Can u help me from where to start.

@packy The two technologies (RFID and night vision) are not related at all.

i am a starter to robotics please suggest me the full tool set and accessories to attempt the projects

@Subhajit Bera That is the objective of this post. You can also read the series: How to make a robot, and order a book:

https://www.robotshop.com/en/books.html

Hello! I would like to get a better idea of where I go next, I have tons of experience in corporate/mainframe applications development but I don’t know how applicable it is to current robotics? But I know that my expertise, if any, would be in the software side, which means what? Of course these questions are rhetorical, again I would just like to say hello.

@Mark Mapes Note that robotics is generally made up of three disciplines: mechanical, electrical and computer. It’s really up to you which you’d like to gain experience in, how much you’d like to invest (time and money) and how to go about it. It’s also a question of what kind of robot you’d like to build or if you work best with an end objective or prefer to “dabble”?

Hello there,I’m going to pursue my masters in robotics, I did my undergraduate under Electrical engineering, so how shall i start preparing advanced? or from which topic should i start with so that i have a strong foundation, Thank you

@vignesh Electrical Engineering is one of the three core fields in which to pursue robotics. Take additional programming courses (embedded if possible), as well as robotic-specific classes. However, you should not feel obligated to do only robot-related courses though; for example if you have ideas for robots for specific applications, or want to pursue a certain branch of robotics (for example for medical use), then take some related courses to get an insight into those fields as well. It’s one thing to be able to design a great product, an another to know if it will sell well and how to commercialize it.

where would i actually start to learn any type of proggraming close to robotics