10 Tips for Getting Started with Robotics | RobotShop Community

Ok, so you know nothing about robotics huh? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Unfortunately there are lots of people like you out there. Robotics isn’t an easy hobby, and there really isn’t a whole lot of information out there, especially compared to other hobbies. But, with a little diligen

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/10-tips-for-getting-started-with-robotics

Thank you :slight_smile: i love to learn more.

That’s a difficult question. It is probably C (any flavour), but Python is not too far behind in personal robots. There is ample documentation and tutorials about those languages. It is straight forward to search that.

What’s the most common programming language in robotics. If you don’t mind and have time maybe you could give me a quick overview of what language and maybe an example or two of a basic command. Thank you in advanced Larry

Share you are experiences with others.

Make sure you have a look at the How to Make a Robot section.

can u send me more things for learning of rovotics to my mqail pls am really interested

give me some points . good

Hi, Thank for that article. I am just a beginner to robotics though not to programming and electronics. I would like if you would help me to develop in this career. Thanks again.

Labview from national instrument is a best tool for starting a robotic projects. just try it…

I am writing a science fiction novel and i am doing research for my book, it centers around robotics so i am trying to learn about this science. Where can i go to find what it consists of? Please help if possible, anybody. Thanks.

@Nathan it depends on how deep you want to go. Most of the lessons on GoRobotics cover how to make a real robot, which may prove to be a bit boring for readers. Nevertheless they may help you get the terminology correct. Feel free to create a new topic on the RobotShop forum and we (as well as the community) would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

helpful post…

this is awesome

What types of programming shall I know to make robot??

@Nothing The most popular programming language if you are just getting started is Arduino.

Thanks so much it was really helpful

I need a book that can tell me different types of electronic parts for my new robot.
Please Respond!!

@SHREESWAG Consider the Robot Builder’s Bonanza: https://www.robotshop.com/en/robot-builders-bonanza-4th-edition.html

How do i start with the basic robot