WLKATA Mirobot Education Kit

Dear all,
I found this WLKATA Mirobot Education Kit on kickstarter and then on wlkata.com.
It seems to fulfill my requirements, in that I am looking for a robot arm to be able to draw on a 3D object, like a sphere or a vase.

Now, I am wondering, why this robot arm is not available anywhere, an even the wlkata web store is totally buggy (if you click on accessories, an ipad add with text lorem ipsum shows up!? )
So, I will not spend more than 1000 USD for something, that seems to not really exist …

Does anyone here know what happened to this kickstarter Mirobot?

Could s.o. recommend a comparable robot arm with e.g. similar precision, c# programmability, similar range, pen holder, …?

Thanks a lot in advance,

ai

Hello @ea5y and welcome to the RobotShop community,

It is available here:

However, it is not in stock but the approximate arrival date is 2020-12-08.

You can also find other options in the Robotic Arms & Grippers and Robot Manipulators sections of the store.

Thanks a lot for the quick response, Geraldine.
Good to know, that it will be available soon.

But do you or anybody else here know, if that arm is really as good as it is advertised?
To me, it is too good to be true, it would be perfect for my needs.
(And it is a lot of money to spend.)

But it makes me suspicious, that the only place I found it possible to purchase it is on their corporate web store (with the buggy ipad ad when clicking on accessories), on alibaba and here. :confused:
(At least you told me now, that it will be in stock again soon here)

Kind Regards,
Achim

But do you or anybody else here know, if that arm is really as good as it is advertised?

It is hard to tell because I haven’t used it myself but maybe someone in the forum has some experience with it.

But it makes me suspicious, that the only place I found it possible to purchase it is on their corporate web store (with the buggy ipad ad when clicking on accessories), on alibaba and here.

As it is a kickstarted project I think that is not so strange.

At least you told me now, that it will be in stock again soon here

Yes, however, due to the current COVID situation this may change, so it would be nice to keep that in mind in case you need it urgently.

In which case I suggest you check other options that are currently in stock, for example:

Thank you very much, again.
I rather need an arm with more range of motion, so I saw that the Lynxmotion (LSS) 4 DoF might also be an option.
But I did not really see any details regarding Accuracy or Repeatability there. The WLKATA is supposed to be at 1mm.

If found out, that there is a facebook account available for mirobot, checked it out and now I have a better feeling. It really seems to be a very new product, that really explains, that there is not a lot of used devices on the market. :smiley:

Thank you for your support, Geraldine.

No problem I’m here to help

If you are interested in the Lynxmotion (LSS) 4 DoF arm you might want to check out the project I recently made:

And you can find all the information related to the arm here:

The arm uses the Lynxmotion Smart Servos and you can find all the specs here:

Anyway, I’m glad you found more information about the Mirobot, and lucky you it’s now in stock, and as far as I can see there’s only 1 so you might want to hurry up haha.