Voltage range for Ardbox

hello ,
i have a question in reference to this topic about the digital inputs , in a data sheet i can read 7v-24v , does this mean if i get 5v from a sensor is will be low ?
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
thank you

A 5V sensor will work on Pin2 or one of the I2C pins on the Ardbox (it’s the only pins that come out directly from the Arduino Leonardo and accept 5V)

1 Like

thank you for yoyr answer ,
in the documentation i can read inputs(7V-24V) , so i must get more than 7V from my sensor to be considered as β€œ1” logic by the plc ?

Correct, a 7V-24V input will be considered as a logic high

thanks you for your answers .
something is not clear for me in the ducumentation , there is 2 pin for the power suplly (+24v and gnd ), an 2 others for Vin and gnd ? , Vin is just an other to power the ARDBOX ?
if the power supply is 18v for exemple , then i will get 18 V for high logic and 0v for low from the digitals outputs ?
thank you very much for your help

There should be only one power supply input on the Ardbox which is rated for 12V to 24V as indicated in the User Manual. If, for example, you power your Ardbox with a 12V supply, a high digital output will correspond to 12V.

then the 24Vcom and GNDCom in the picture we use it fir what ?

Here is the reply we got from the manufacturer :
_There is no difference, only different nomenclature, each equipment (MDuino and Ardbox families) has only 1 power input (24V/GND). _
The problem is that in older versions it was declared as: 24V and GND, in the actual versions it is declared as: 24VCom and GND.
As a detail, it is called COM because it powers the external circuitry responsible for COMmunications (RS485, RS232, Ethernet, …).

Hope this helps,