Ugly-Bot

Hey there, this is the first robot Ive ever made... and not the sturdiest of machines.... or prettiest.

Just a rover. My first Arduino project was a joystick operated 3DOF arm, this seemed like the next step and, opposed to the arm which I used other peoples code and just stuck the pieces together, this code is mostly mine... as clunky as it is. I started looking into building robots as a way to better learn coding as I’ve only really stared this year for the day job… and I always wanted to lead an army of killer robots.

It took a short time to build... but several days to work out the code for my novice abilities. I thinks its at a level that this prototype works, not brilliantly but a good start. Next I might tweak the code (so it doesn’t run into so many things) and build a proper enclosure (so it doesn’t fall to pieces when it does run into things)... then Im moving onto something that can fly:)

Excuse the poor quality of the video

Navigate around via Infra Red

• Actuators / output devices: 2 servos, Tamiya gears
  • Control method: Infra Red
  • CPU: Arduino
  • Power source: 9v battery powering the arduino and 3 AA's for the motors
  • Programming language: Arduino
  • Sensors / input devices: Sharp IR
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/ugly-bot

This guy is pretty fast :slight_smile:
This guy is pretty fast :slight_smile: And not ugly at all :))) But better have fixed your board to chassis somehow: the end of video was so dramatic :))

i like how you can see the
i like how you can see the infrared light on camera

ThanksYep, l love an

Thanks

Yep, l love an explosive ending, it adds some comic relief:)