Trata II - The destruction! (Thanks Jip!)

Billede_5.png

Update: Thank you for asking me to make a jump with this, jip. Now both Trata and my camera are broke. (Last video) - But hey - Snow is melting, who needs Trata any more? Time to rebuild!

PS: Jumps with things that are driven on a high placed force makes ugly jumps!

I just wanted to play some with the original Trata, that I made the other day in 2 hours. I picked up some materials, and oops, I made a Trata II instead :)

I tested it in the evening, on hard snow, and it was very fast and fun! In winter time we don't get a lot of day/sunshine-time, so it is always a quest to find time to shoot video when it's not too dark (like on Trata I)

Next day / today, I was going to shoot a good video.. but we got like 30 CM of loose powder snow! And it is not made for that, it just falls through and get burried.

So there is only a pre-video for now, I have to wait for the weather to change, or the snow to settle a little..

Theory is this:

Below is shown where the point of gravity is. It is supposed to be way back. I want it to allmost stall / have the front very light, so it can take the roughher snow, and lift itself up.

IMG_0018.jpg

If this should be too much, I have placed some sticks at the back to prevent it to flip completely over, and let the propeller hit the snow.

IMG_0021.jpg

(Yes, the propeller is broka enyway on the pictures :) It was a late night test run, and happened because the servo fell off. Not enough hot glue! (And too few wirestrips)

Now, IF it should not lift itself over some pile of snow, I do not want elsectronics to dive in, so this upside-down deck was placed in the middle, as a "sledge".

IMG_0014.jpg

second.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLsDPYAfcM

sweet
what kind of materials did you use for the sledge part? the gray and white stuff/thingys.

humongous knitting needles

humongous knitting needles !

(sold in that kind of shops / hobby stores)

looks like fun

would it work on water as well? like does it float?

I guess you’ll have to wait for spring to find out. Good thing they got that global warming conference out of the way before all the snow this year hey? lol.

I am very sure this one will

I am very sure this one will not float. Not as it is, however, but build can be rebuild :slight_smile:

The first one can sail, I am sure!

Yes, it’s ironic that Denmark should host a world wide climate conference, and completely make a mess out of it… and get the hardest winther in many, many years :smiley:

PS: Sorry about our prime minister, and the mess he made of the planet. He is not the one we elected, the real one got another jo as head of NATO, and then he just left us all the sudden, with this little fat and inkompetent guy as replacement! Quite unfortunate, if I may say so.

Cool! Can’t wait for the
Cool! Can’t wait for the video proper. Are you using an R/C receiver and speed control?

Yes, plain guts taken from a

Yes, plain guts taken from a plane RC car, all included, also RC control!

Cant wait myself… problem is I have to go to work when the sun is up! Must film in weekends :slight_smile:

Long time no see a Fritsl

Long time no see a Fritsl bot :slight_smile: Very inspiring as always!!

Snow looks cool, would love to have bit of it here in Portugal :slight_smile:

Yer, sliding is just down
Yer, sliding is just down your lane :slight_smile:

**yuor awesome **

yuor awesome

RE

The heck with building robots, I wanna make a machine to steal Fritsl’s creativity!!!

-LOL

Just seen the soft snow
Just seen the soft snow video, it’s amazing how the Trata flows and goes over the snow! Good work!! :wink:
Must find a way to put my hands on a brushless motor :slight_smile:

Yer, brushless and lipo! Me

Yer, brushless and lipo! Me want also!

I just changed the weight on it to more front, and of course again there is hard snow tonight… Now it is so fast that I cannot test it in my own garden, because there is no breaks, and it just continues :slight_smile:

Must get up early tomorrow and see if I can catch some sun while snow is still hard, on a large field, so I can show you the real Trata-fun! :slight_smile:

uau!! Go for it and show us
uau!! Go for it and show us the Trata-show!! :wink:

Wow! This is COOL!!! :smiley: It
Wow! This is COOL!!! :smiley: It is quick and agile. I was thinking maybe you could tie one of those stripes they use in free calisthenics to the back of Trata? I imagine it could be interesting effect, maybe even write "8" in air… :slight_smile:

$4… hmmm…

Hi Frits,

Cool thing you made but it hardly only costs $4 to build since I would suspect an LM406FB speed regulator and an R/C receiver wrapped in the plastic and plus the racing pack, servo and what appears to be a 540 sized motor. If you don’t count all the stuff used to build it the price info is kind of worthless for others :-).

Would be cool to see some videos of it doing some stunt jumps or something like that. Build some snow ramps!

- Jimmy

Well, I used a crashed car.

Well, I used a crashed car. I only boght the propellar, that’s the USD 4.

My idea was to show some fun that one can have when an RC is broke - that was my project anyway; I have several crashed RC cars, but everythiong but the car itself is in fine conditon. I even got some from others, so the poarts are free for me. Excecpt for the propeller.

It’s quite hard to shoot videos, because I use 2 hands to control the thing. Also I dont know if this would do well on ramps, I didn’t build it for anything but what is shown on the video :slight_smile:

hi
what did u material did u use all together to build the trata 2

2 big knitting needles that

2 big knitting needles that my wife did not use any more.

Some old plastic tube, some metal wire, and some sticks and wirestrippers.

Top it up with the guts from a crashed RC car (Remote, Servo, Motor controller and motor) - and add a propellar, bought in a small local hobby store.

do u have the plan for it
do u have the plan for it