TI LaunchPad

I picked up in this thread that TI has entered the hobbyist microprocesser market populated by Arduino, Picaxe, Basic Stamp, etc.

At $4.30 US including shipping, they have definitely priced this development kit to sell. It looks like an interesting system, and I couldn't beat the price, so I ordered one. I understand demand is quite high, so I don't know when it will arrive.

I figured that this new entry to the market deserved its own forum topic.

TI has established a wiki for their new kit, which you can find here.

Check it out and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHGjgkFPlU

**why is it this cheap ! **

i wonder why it is this cheap ! it comes with a box , smt components , usb cable included , manual !  unbelievable .

Is the free shipping for US

Is the free shipping for US only? 

buy

From where can we buy it?

Free to Norway

I ordered one to Norway and it was free shipping.

Where did you order? It

Where did you order? 

It must be from a place that accepts paypal aswell, haven’t found any.

Order link below

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_(MSP-EXP430G2)?DCMP=launchpad&HQS=OtherOTLaunchpadwiki#Ordering_LaunchPad_.28MSP-EXP430G2.29

You can buy direct from TI or from from Mouser, Arrow or Digi-Key.

I think they are selling it

I think they are selling it so cheap to get lots of units into the hands of developers. They want to build a community of users behind their product.

I ordered it

I ordered it here

http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MSP-EXP430G2

I don’t think there was an option for PayPal

This is almost certainly the

This is almost certainly the case - late last year they launched a similarly flavoured product, the Chronos eZ430 Dev Kit.
It uses one of the 430 microcontrollers, comes with all the gear needed to interface to your PC, has a free set of development programs, and is surprisingly cheap for what you get (if you can get one, they sell out pretty fast whenever a new lot is made =D ).

I like how Xmos did it, and

I like how Xmos did it, and considering how much their kit is, I don’t see why TI doesn’t just do the same thing and set up a project competition with their procs. Free gets something into the hands of a lot of dev folks.  :smiley:

Almost but not entirely free

Has anyone found a PayPallable webshop for the launchpad yet? I refuse to go to my bank and get a credit card so I can order a $4.30 chip.

Some one says if you enter

Some one says if you enter the code " HALFMSPTOOL" then you can get it for $2.15. I will try and order with this when i can get through to the product page.

When you do let me know, my

When you do let me know, my mom only lets me use her credit card with paypal…

Yup just ordered it for

Yup just ordered it for $2.15 and free shipping.

i got it for 2.15$ and free

i got it for 2.15$ and free shipping to india. Thanks patrick!

Same here in Canada. But

Same here in Canada. But they are in backorder. I’ll wait, there is no rush anyway.

just order me two, incase :smiley:

just order me two, incase :smiley:

anyone get their in the mail

anyone get their in the mail yet cause I haven;t.

I haven’t…

I haven’t…