Three blinking lights and Hall Sensor Replaced

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: Litter-Robot 2 is stuck in 3 o’clock position with three blinking lights per minute. If I press on the dome it will move pass this position and return the Home position

Hardware concerned: Hall Sensor Harness or Motor?

Troubleshooting steps already taken: I have replaced a few motors and motherboards for my two litter-robots 2 and finally had a problem with what I believed to be the Hall Sensor on this one. After reviewing the forum, I replaced the sensor harness and still the same problem. I did it one lead at a time and feel confident in the methodical approach I took.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi,
If there is three light blinking, this can be the Hall Effect or the Motor.

We suggest you follow this blog here: https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/litter-robot-ii-advanced-troubleshooting-guide
It will help you identify if it is the motor’s gear that is loose or if the Hall Effect Sensors are defective or not in there right place.

I have replaced the Hall Sensor, step by step. The litter sphere will turn and always stops in that same position. Would the next best thing to do be replace the motor?
Other suggestions? I did check that the white stripe on sensor was in correct position.

Thank you,
Rob

If the Hall Effect sensor was replaced properly, the motor would be my next guess.
If you can add a video of the unit cycling, it could help to determine if the motor is having issues rotating the globe.