SyRen 25 - Ultrasonic Sensor to Emergency Stop

Hi,
I have a radio controlled go kart I have made, the drive motor is controlled by a SyRen 25. I would like to fit an ultrasonic sensor to the front of the go kart so that if the sensor detects an object within 1 metre for example it will automatically brake and override the Radio Control input until the sensor no longer is detecting an object, then the radio control input will resume control.
I was thinking of using an Arduino Uno, HR-SR04 ultrasonic sensor and the SyRen 25.
I’m not sure how difficult this will be as I only have a basic knowledge of Arduino.

Thanks

Hello @dave456754 and welcome to the RobotShop forum!

Don’t need to worry! I’m sure that it will be easier than you think. And the nice thing about using an Arduino is that you will be able to find plenty of examples. Here are some that you may find useful:

However, I must admit that from experience, I find infrared distance sensors easier to use, so sharp sensors could also be a great option for your project.

And if after this project you plan to add other sensors I think this could help:

Good luck with your project!

1 Like

Thank you @geraldinebc15 this has given me a better idea about how to approach the electronics part.
Thank you very much

1 Like