Skully

Hi.

This is Skully my first Pic robot.Still under construction. I am going to make it as a multipurpose Robot.

I have finish working on the head movement and hacking my MP4 player for the voice. I have include several photos

of the MP4. It's quite challanging to solder the wire in very limited space.

Securitiy & Multimedia Robot

• Actuators / output devices: 2 servos
  • Control method: Full autonomous
  • CPU: PIC 16F877A
  • Power source: 2 X 9.6v 800mAh
  • Programming language: Picbasic Pro
  • Sensors / input devices: Sharp IR for navigation, PIR Sensor for security, MP4 Player for voice, music, video.
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/skully

Excellent !

multi-purpose in what way? will it be looking for other body parts?

I think the BorG did this at one point !

Good Luck !

It will bed a security robot

It will bed a security robot after I put a PIR sensor. For the voice I will sacrifice my MP3/4 player and Skully will be a multimedia robot.

I will program it to play few Music Video Clip as well as other Robot Video when he do nothing.

At first sight it reminded
At first sight it reminded me of one of the house robots in Robot Wars

Love it, the scull gives it
Love it, the scull gives it so much "personality"

I’ve clearly been watching
I’ve clearly been watching too much of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - I see a robotic skull and panic! Good work though, the up/down motion is an unusual addition.

YES!!! Now this is a robot

YES!!!  Now this is a robot in my taste!

Give it some creepy strobes and some simulated blood stains and you got a robot!  -lol

Checkout my Evil Dead robot. Its the same kind of thing, only a bit more noobie.

Great Robot

Its great you are making so much use of unused debri from other machines. Love it !