Skeleton-cyborg bulldoggo build | RobotShop Community

So, i have been wanting to start a "real" large robot build of my own for years, and now i am finally on my way. I wanted something that was completely my own making, something that has the potential to teach me as wide a spectrum of robotics subjects as possible, while keeping it as a single project evolving through multiple steps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/skeleton-cyborg-bulldoggo-build
2 Likes

Awesome project and pretty good sculpt, thanks for sharing!
It’s good to see organic sculpted shapes combined with cad modeled mechanical parts, i hope i’ll see more of these from the community.
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I Love your project, That’s commitment

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Yea so do I, be nice to see how others would approach it.

Thanks, got to have that. Theres a long way to go

What a nice project @Engineerding!
Great work on creating the body structure, etc. Making a robot that resembles living things is surely a challenge!
I like when users provide detailed steps, not just of how to build the robot, but also of the creative process behind the bot.
Any updates?
Looking forward to seeing the evolution of your project :slight_smile:

Thank you Mariane.
Yea thats my preference aswell.
Updates are coming, i am still waiting for some parts to arrive from china, endstops, motors etc. I need them in hand to measure before i can model any further.
I do have a small update on the head assembly, was planning to wait on posting untill i can include some leg stuff or a fully working head. But that could still be weeks away so, i may post it sometime this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checking in.
A bunch of my parts have finally arrived, am doing the legs atm, then shoulders and the pelvis.
Update coming soon.

1 Like

Wow! Slowly taking form, I love it! Keep up the good work!
I wonder how tall and heavy you expect it to be when finished. It seems to require a lot of parts, adjustments and patience, but the result will be totally worth it!
Thank you for adding new details ! :blush::+1:

Yes its many pieces for in small space, so its definetely a challenge.
It should stand about 49-50cm tall to the eartips, in its resting pose (as shown i the CAD screenshots), and i am hoping to keep the total weight at no more than 5 kgs, in printed form. Thats based on the weakest motors torque figures. All the hardware (boards, motors etc.) Ive guestimated to around 3,5kgs, thats with some wiggleroom so… It should be possible.
I kinda need the weight to be this low, as i have some future plans than will add atleast 2 kgs. I dont think i can avoid switching the motors to brushless ones by that time, but still:)

1 Like