Servo Gripper project

Hello, i have saw a lot of grippers using servos, like the image bellow, but i don't like them, because they have low torque, they require a lot of strength from there servo.

Servo gripper example:

So, I think.. why not build my own gripper?

I'm thinking in something that with a cheaper servo can hold some nice weight..

All info is welcome, i will post my ideas here, and hope we can get some nice gripper.

Until now, i just grabed a pen, and made a crap draw:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/servo-gripper-project

Hahaa - Guess what I am

Hahaa - Guess what I am working on right now for "Make your first robot - part III" :wink:

(Not quite as advanced, though!)

I hope to post images and video in a day or two…

(And check your mail, I need your address to mail you the price for the challenge!)

/ Fritsl

Nice news

hehe… nice that we are geting make tour robot part 3,

Good to listen that it will have a grippe.

PS - i have replyed the mail, think was the webmaster mailing me… plz check it mailbox. (i can mail for your if you want)

You don’t need the worm gear…

Hey dude,

I have played a LOT with various threaded rod/ nut homeade linenar actuators before. I think you can run the threaded rod directly off the servo. You would be amazed at the mechanical advantage you get from just the threaded rod… I think if you reduce the gearing with a worm gear, yes it will be wicked strong but, slow as dirt. You should get plenty of grip off of just the servo and the rod.

www.rocketbrandcustom.com baby!!