SaberBooth 32, motors turns 2 seconds and stop

Hello,

I try to drive two 300w DC motors, with two 12v batteries in series (to reduce current) , Saberbooth 32A in RC+mixed mode, and Graupner RC receiver.
I have tested the both motors on battery and they turns.
When I test with Saberbooth, only one motor turns at low speed, and when I pull the Transmitter joystick, the Motors stop to turn and make lot of noise (like a vibration).
Diagnostic window shows good percentage and PWM frequency, but voltage on motor output seems to be not stable, even if battery voltage show 24v. I suppose that the motor needs a minimum current level (i.e 2A).

Batteries are MK Powered MU-1 SLD M FT 12V 35A;
Motors are 300W 130Rpm Brake Low Noise Worm Gearbox Dc Electric Motor 24 Volt High Power Dc Motor;

Can you give me some ideas ?

Best regards.

Hi @FPI and welcome to our forum!

Can we see some photos or videos of the actual wiring?

Did you buy Sabretooth from us?

Maybe you already contacted manufacurer?

Thank you.

Hello,
Yes I bought the board by us (cmd 1034705);
Yes I contact the manufacturer, but they don’t understand the problem.

You can see in file “mesures and joystick movments” the percent of power send to M1 and M2 during the movment of joystick. It seems good. But down of the picture is the level of amperage, around 0 A. As I wrote, if I put directly the motor on battery pole, the motor turns at correct speed. Why there are no amper corresponding to level ?

(The electromagnetic brakes have been dismounted).

Best regards.

Here are several pictures.

Best regards.

Hi @FPI
can you show a picture of the Sabertooth-microswitches? I read their manual and found it quite confusing to figure out the right setting for M2-RC mode.

Hello,
I have choose off ON ON ON ON ON
In order to work as : RC; mixed; Linear, radio transmitter; no battery protection;
A strange thing is that the only way to make one motor turning a few, it is to check “Disable regenerative braking” (I have moved away physically the both electromagnetic brakes).

I have found the solution.
My problem was than I had a separate power battery for my RC receiver. But SaberBooth gives itself power to the receiver. So both sources created a conflict;
Now, it works.
Best regards.

1 Like