Robert 0.2

Hardware all works, so now concentrating on software stack. First project on LMR.

Software written in python, using pyro RPC to comumicate between components. Two Components currently : a curses-based client for console control and a web-server. Javascript and webSockets provide a real-time, updating web-page for remote control.

Raspberry Pi

md25 motor controller, i2c attached.

PiNoir camera

Wii IR camera. i2c attached.

4 x Sonar SRF-02, i2c attached.

Bump sensors. gpio.

Cliff sensors. gpio.

Wifi dongle.

hardware overview

software stack

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/robert-0-2

Cool Robert

What size is it? And does it have a “mission” in life?

Very nice.
I love the large bumper frame!

Questions:

-Whats the bots propose (though, none is needed :slight_smile:
-Is there any reason the sonar is off center?
-How is the performance of the python RPC been?

Pyro - sounds interesting…

Yes - how is the performance of python RPC? Just installed pyro with pip. Any tips or tutorials with first steps for pyro? What program do you use for your nice mockup-diagrams? Great bot!

It’s about 25cm cubed,

It’s about 25cm cubed, mostly set by the length of the two motors+wheels.

No real mission, other than to keep me amused! I’m mostly interested in autonomous action - I want it wondering around the house; mapping; returning to it’s nest for recharging - stuff like that. Long way off just yet…

Thanks for the interest - nice to share.

Thanks

Yeh - Might have gone a bit OTT there… Works well - four micro-switches (one at each corner), and the bumper held from the chassis by springs.

Autonamous behaviour is my goal. At the moment I have remote control from the console and a web-page with live views from the sensors.

‘pyro’ is great! https://pythonhosted.org/Pyro4/intro.html#simple-example

It gives me the ability to run python scripts as clients or servers (or both, in the case of the web server).

Thanks for the interest!

’pyro’ is very cool. I have

’pyro’ is very cool. I have to admit I cut and pasted from the examples (see below) and then left it…

Clients can then execute published methods as if they were their own.

Diagrams are just PowerPoint - I’m forced to use it at work :wink:

Thanks.

Web Server

This is the web-page - javascript and websockets…

Screenshot_2014-09-04_21_47_39.png

Mutithreading and rebinding - yea

I am just making my first steps with pyro. The fortune-cookie example explains it very good. It seems to be an ideal solution for the highlevel protocol. Especially the multithreading and automatic rebinding methods are cool - and this thingy is fast. Thanks for the tip!

md25 node

i need md 25 node  in python if you can help me .tnx