Project Phoenix Excel program + Manual

Sorry for the delay - I have the project page online for Phoenix now!
lynxmotion.com/images/html/proj098.htm

The PEP (Phoenix Excel Program) and manual can be downloaded from the project page. Please note that the manual is still in a beta stage, and is not yet complete. If you have any questions or comments please post here.

Are there plans for an English translation?

Hi A-Bot,
Exactly what part do you want to be translated?

Yippi! Finaly my own project on lynxmotion.com! :laughing:
Nice work Beth! :wink:

Hi Zenta, I’m a big fan of your work.

More specifically, all the non-English words. :smiley: I don’t understand the words in the titles, column names, and comments.

I’m buying this kit, so I’d like to understand… :confused: I guess I could use an online translator to work out a rough translation. I imagine most people viewing this will feel the same.

I suppose you have downloaded PEP ver 1.03 and the beta manual?
If you refer to the old screendump of the sequences sheet they are already translated. My comments on the sequences are not translated, that should not be a problem. But if you refer to all my cryptic comments in the VB code (have to warn you about the messy code though…), translating them is not on my priority list…

Edited:
A-Bot, did you meant this:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/ZentaOlbaid/Ind_Sekvenser_2-step-manual.jpg

Ohhhh shiny!!!

Nice work zenta :slight_smile: I’m going to see if I can figure your stuff out. SOOO many numbers and things going on. Its crazy!

Zenta,

You’re right, most of it is translated now. I guess the “Kommentar” column would be nice to have, as well as the headings on the lower part of the Body & Coxa sheet.

I’m just now starting to dig into and try to understand. I’m not complaining at all; I think it’s great that you are willing to share your work.

Hi!
When I find time for it I’ll translate these parts. (Kommentar = Comment… Not so different :laughing: I’ll change that too). I didn’t thought the lower part of Body & Coxa would be so interesting.

Have you read the manual? What do you think of it so far?

P.S. freetranslation.com and google.com/language_tools
German -> English
Dutch -> English

Ok, I see … your latest changes are not on the Lynxmotion site. All of the “Comments” are still in Swedish (at least I’m guessing it’s Swedish).

The manual looks great. I’ll provide more feedback once I’ve spent more time with it. I’ll be studying it very closely once I get my Phoenix kit!

Thanks!

OK, first… I’m from Norway NOT Sweden… :wink: :laughing:
A good translater is TriTrans tritrans.net/

The comments are not translated yet. I’ll fix that too.
Actually, at this moment I’m implementing two more legs for the PEP sheet for my Oxyopus (Octapod).

I hope you get your Phoenix soon!

I just opened up zenta’s PEP in OpenOffice.Org v2.0! I will have to read the manual and see if this actually works with Open Office. If so, anyone will be able to use it and not have to have Microsoft Office. :slight_smile:

OpenOffice.Org is available for Windows and Linux/UNIX. :wink:

8-Dale

Hi!

Cool! I hope it work for you. Remember to activate macros. Is it possible to edit VB-code in OpenOffice too?

Try to read some steps in a sequences, if that works I think everything is OK.

How is the respons (speed)? I experienced that Excel 2003 is much slower than Excel 2000.
Please give us a hint if it seems to work OK. :wink:

I did activate macros. :slight_smile: I do not know about VB-code, and am not sure how to check if that works.

If you have an example I can load up and try, that would be great - something you know works. I will dig into this more when I have time, because I hope to eventually build a multi-legged creature of my own. :smiley: Maybe I will mange to do that in 2008, as well as complete The BiPod… :wink:

I will check it out and let you know. I don’t have a real reference though, since I have never used Excel or other Microsoft Office programs. Open Office as always opened any MS Office documents I have needed to read. :slight_smile:

8-Dale

In the “Body & Coxa” sheet, push one of the spinbuttons in the “Read Sequences” section and watch the graphs. Does the legs moves?

About multi-legged creatures… I now have a working PEP for a 8 legged creature. :wink:

I hope PEP work for you too!

Hi!

I’ve been working with a new version of PEP lately. When I’ve done some more documentation I’ll send an update to Jim.

The generate gait section has been a bit improved and simplified, also the transition part. Here is a screenshoot of this section:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/ZentaOlbaid/Read-and-write.jpg

To export and import .csv files between PEP and SEQ are also made easier. You still have to do some copy and paste when importing files but the export part are much easier now. Just clicking one button (Export) and then save the file in excel as .csv (semicolondelimited). A little screenshoot from “Ind.Sekvenser” sheet:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/ZentaOlbaid/Ind_Sekvenser_9-step-manual.jpg

I’ve also added a smal function in the the CPR and direction part. Pay attention to the “Lock to rotate” button. This makes it easier to create a gait pattern where your hexapod rotate its body while walking in the same direction. I’ve not tried this yet with Phoenix because my Oxyopus has lent her SSC32. :wink:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/ZentaOlbaid/CPR-and-status.jpg

I’m still working with the manual when I find time for it.

Hi Kåre,

That sounds great!

Have you considered adding a simple text output?

Alan KM6VV

Hi Alan
I’m not sure, what do you mean? :confused:
All steps can be exported as .csv files. Do you need it in another format?

Hi Kåre,

I was thinking of a “log” or audit trail (?). This would allow one to study the moves, I think. But you’re right, the CSV is pretty good.

Alan KM6VV