Project Phoenix, a hexapod robot

Psss Wowy7, I think thats our cue to leave :wink: :smiley:

I don’t want to get caught in the middle of a Biped war lol :laughing:

The links are separted, its not an actual chain

PS. Im sorry, yesterday my family kicked me awake and said i was going 3 hours out to western mass to move my bro into college, sru :blush:

What war?

Hmm… I think I see it. The parts are linked together so no screws were used? Or am I still missing something?

P.S. Still doesn’t explain why it was 1am and you didn’t come back from your bloody game. Neither does it explain why your on lynxmotion now but not on msn. I’ll stop here because I don’t want to anger jim again.

Where the H*ll is that sarcasm emoticon we were promised? :open_mouth: :imp: :smiling_imp:

You’ve got it. :slight_smile:

Sweet!

In Hell, MI [insert sarcasm emoticon here]

Wow, spam attack!

Anyhow, lets get back on topic.

zenta, how long did it take from first thoughts to your current stage? How long does it take to make all of those sequences? They look very smooth!

-robodude666

Hehe :smiley: I don’t mind at all, thank you for explaining!
Yes I thought the idea was great to but as I told the hole leg construction was too heavy.
But I think with some really powerful servos this hexapod could be quite cool. While working with that project I also made a pressure sensor on the tars (foot). You can might see the microswitches inside the foot.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/ZentaOlbaid/Sensor-legs.jpg

thats awesome, the srping provides tension against the foot so it isn’t constanly being pressed, i would like to know wat type of switch you used though, because most switches go back on themselves :confused:

is the foot not smooth enough for the switch alone to push it back into place on the tracks?

Hmm :confused: I think I began with the first hexapod for exactly one year ago.

I made the last sequenses yesterday evening/night.
With the excel program it took me about 20 minutes to create 4 sequences consisting off total 216 steps! Not bad? 8)

I used standard microswitch with arm.
See link: clasohlson.no/Product/Product.aspx?id=12072366

Oh, so im guessing the switch does not have anough power alone to push the foot back down into the correct position

Very nice and neat design :slight_smile:
PS Why is R6-D6 Over there fighting with Chunga? :wink:

Very nice pressure sensor leg. Very simple, but seems very effective.

20 minutes to create that entire sequence? Amazing. It took me about that long to make my first working BRAT Gait. And that had like 5 steps in it!

youtube.com/watch?v=5NR0VZs-_sk

Ahh I miss him :frowning: Seamus is taking good care of his parts I hear =D

Your wife hates spiders, eh? If you want to get a kick load of fun, show her this:

chickencrap.com/c.php?c=308

Microswitch with arm? Thats the good ol’ switch used in antennas for collision detection, right?

@wowy - None of your bees wax =P Someone broke a series of promises and will have to make up for it with a large box of peanut butter and double chocolate chip cookies.

You got it!

If you take closer look you might see two switches inside the foot.
They are mounted in opposite direction…

Nice walking! Yes, making sequences “by hand” step by step is a really timekiller. So for me with a wife and two kids, I don’t have enough sparetime… Therefore I made the excel program. Can’t say my wife love my robot… :unamused:

Hm, whats the double switch for? in the case of one switch are u worried that the side that doesn’t have the switch would be pushed up and the switch wouldn’t be activated?

Thanks =D I based it off of the tutorial jim wrote because I didn’t understand how to use SEQ then.

Does she support your robotics hobby at least? She doesn’t like it because its a robot? Or because its in a shape of a spider?

I think its so the spring won’t pull the rubber to one side. With a switch on both sides, there is a spring which balances the rubber in the center.

My 2c.

-robodude666

i think there is a spring on both sides just so the rubber doesn;t move to 1 sde but i mean with 1 switch the rubber would move to 1 side, just like you said and the switch might not be activated be cause the rubber moves to the wring side

Isn’t that what I said? :laughing: Wait, you mentioned me – woot!

After reading all this, (and putting up with all the Chunky and R6-D6 crap) all I can say is WOW! :smiley: :open_mouth: