Phoenix code my MG90 hexapod

I built a small hexapod spider using MG90s servos and ive been working with sequencers and im not getting good movements. I would like to buy a lynx motion set but i would like to know hard it would be to the phoenix code to work on my bot. Any suggestions or info ?

The Phoenix code is meant largely to be used with Arduino and an SSC-32U servo controller. If you have different electronics than these, the Phoenix code won’t work, and you will need to port it to whatever you are using (which is not easy).
robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion- … oller.html
robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion- … oller.html

I dont mind buying the electrinics at all.

Ok so you are saying if i buy the two items above i can use the phoenix code? How hard will it be using these two items.

Can i use my current PS2 handle for off line play or do i have to use the Xbee?

Do the two items stack?

Could I please get a link the code repository for the lynxmotion phoenix code?? All i can find is for using the arbotix controller.

Also is there some kind of step by step tutorial on how and what to configure in the firmware?

Take a look here: lynxmotion.com/images/html/build99f.htm
If your hexapod is configured like any of the 18DoF walking hexapods on Lynxmotion (and uses normal RC servos), then the Phoenix code can be used if you have both of these boards and a PS2 controller.
You should be able to use your PS2 controller, bur we’ve found that not all are equal (we’ve had quite a few versions):
lynxmotion.com/driver.aspx?T … 2-versions
The mounting holes for the BotBoarduino are the same as for the SSC-32, and the PS2 V3 connector uses the same holes as well:
robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion- … er-v3.html
Note that you’ll need some standard cables to connect the two, and a way to connect your main battery to screw terminals.

Yep i designed it to look and function like Hex here…

lynxmotion.com/c-117-phoenix.aspx

, just smaller.

Ok I’m looking at the Hex_Cfg.h for the code to use the Botboarduino, found here…

github.com/KurtE/Arduino_Phoeni … /Hex_Cfg.h

Under the heading Min/Max angles, the comment is given “mechanical limits” of the leg and gives numbers. Is this the min max angles of 180* which is the limit of my servo or the legs min and max, forward reverse till they run into each other?

Under the leg dimensions heading and after the first legs set of numbers I get this “cXXCoxaLength” after each tibia femur Coxa definition. Do I remove the cXXCoxaLength with actual numbers?

Under body dimensions heading. What and where are Z and X? How exactly do i measure for these?

Since I’m using a 3dof leg do comment out the Tars definitions?

Ok is this an accurate representation of how im supposed to make the body measurements???

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/DF6E6704-4487-484F-9D84-DB36D0150770_zpsfjjwdeks.jpg

Im going to assume that since it says universal leg dimensions that i only need to put the measurements on the first set.

And that i need to comment out and line for the 4DOF version.

Also, how hard would it be to port the botboarduino part to a nano? To save space.

You can certainly try to port it to the Nano - they are both Arduino after all. You can simply try to upload the code as is and see if there’s enough space.
If you are talking about the lengths of each section, it’s from the center of the axis of rotation of one joint to the center of the axis of rotation of the next (for inverse kinematics).

Ok still waiting on the botboarduino and ssc-32u, but i got my nano out compiled the ch-3 code and uploaded it. No priblem at all once i remembered how to do it.

My next question is do i need to change anything in the code for it work properly with the ssc-32u?

Ok heres what i have. The only thing that i can see that will need changing is the pins on which to hook up the wireless head to. But im a lil confused about hooking it up right.

This pic shows how to hook up to a nano…,

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/35BA6256-0F29-40A5-85F7-3EC7F50A3F71_zpsebzh2bwy.png

The tutorial says only to use this pic as the reference for hooking the wireless head up.

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/7ECCA047-F337-4B00-8118-D40EA711657D_zpss7fk7kbz.gif

Then it says to double check using this pic…

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/8B8CE5F6-04B2-4CE3-B504-D7DA2D63A5A1_zps7kqtevui.png

And the code uses the the last pics numbers.

Any way so do i just change the pin numbers to correspond to the pin numbers used on the Nano? Or do i hook up the nano to correspond with the numbers on the Config code?

Also using the nano, the botboarduino communicates to the SSC-32u though pins 12 & 13. On the nano 12 and 13 are already being used. How would i change this to communicate to the SSC?

The PS2 image is a bit older. It’s best ot refer to this page:
lynxmotion.com/driver.aspx?T … 2-versions
Check the PS2 sample code to see which pins connect where.

Ok ok the body dimensions IK measurements. It says “// distance X from center of the body to the right rear coxa”. Does it mean the exact center of the body or the center line?

Ok does the logic voltage in have to 9v. Could a 7.4v or even a 5v work? Plus the nano only needs 5v.

Ok I looked up power requirements and saw I can use any battery up to 12v for the logic. I’ll powerthe nano using a 5v stepdown BEC.

Ok this what I have for the body IK…

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/E757E01A-03FB-4E8C-8511-220C102BF8B4_zps9thr6man.jpg

Assuming that the pic above is correct I need to and please correct me if I’m wrong…

Define the Nano’s ps2 pins 10, 11, 12, 13

Define cssc_out to nano pin 0 and cssc_in to nano pin 1

Comment // out any 4dof code lines?

Do I need to change the min max angles mechanical limits?

Do ineed to change the default coxa setup angle?

Do I need to change the start positions feet numbers?

And lastly what about the height measurements? I’m not seeing anything about it.

i blew up my wireless controller head somehow so I will be ordering a the Lynxmotion controller. Is there any way I can run the coded bot and check to see if it walks by using the computer?

Also still need to know about the feet positions numbers. Do these need to be changed along with my other measurements?

The sample code is really meant to be used with a PS2 controller. Users Kurte / Xan and Xenta here all have experience customizing the Phoenix code.
If you use the default values, does the robot walk?

Dont know if it works or not. Thats why i was asking if i could run it tethered to see. I also changed most of the measured values to fit my bot. Still need to know if there are any more values i need to change. Like the feet start position values.