Phoenix code my MG90 hexapod

Give it a try using a PS2 - prop the robot up and watch the leg motion :slight_smile:

Ill have to wait til another controller arrives. I hooked up my wireless head to the nano and couldnt get it to work so i read on and the tutorial said something about maybe having to switch two wires. When i did my wireless head went poof.

Looks like yall ran out of the V3 ps2 handles. Can a v1 or v2 be used with the botboard-ssc-32u set up?

Certainly, but be aware that the V2 needs the Lynxmotion level shifter.
robotshop.com/en/ps2-connect … ifter.html

My V1 controller and level shifter came today. I hooked it up ti my Botboarduino and uploaded the code to the board and im nit getting any power to the Wireless head.

I just used my volt meter on the botboarduino where the wireless positive terminal pin and its only pushing 2v and barely that.

Please provide several clear photos of your setup so we can see all connections.

Ok before i start taking everything a part to take pics of my connections. Could it be that im using a 7.4v lipo instead of the 9v?

I think i figured out

Im using the tutorial found in the link below for wiring. I cant find anything specific like that for the SSC-32USB.

lynxmotion.com/images/html/build99f.htm

Im using a 5v 9a bec for the Vs1

Heres the SSC-32 with VL hooked up and running to the botboarduino the VS1 is not hooked up right now.

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/1905C1A3-DBAE-433A-8CE5-30B735B14ABA_zpsf7nhuqip.jpg

This pic shows the botboarduino hooked up to power via the lynxmotions VL 7.4v battery

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/0EA6DE59-C297-4855-9A95-BBBF728B3983_zpsgfhnwd7n.jpg

Do i need to run some power to the VS on the botboarduino?

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/9BE39DEC-1999-46E2-BA08-B2F2B154FA88_zps3kuh7ici.jpg

You think you figured it out?

The one area most people get wrong are the connections between the level shifter and the BotBoarduino. Check the code if you need to and ensure you know which pin on the BotBoarduino is associated with which function and ensure you follow the cable from that pin on the level shifter to that pin on the BotBoarduino.

You don’t need to power VS on the BotBoarduino. In the top photo however we see that the black and red wires coming in from the top of the screen seem to be loose?

Ive re-tightened the wires on both boards and made sure there will be no shorts. But the positive for the PS2 wireless head is still only pushing 1.94v which is not nearly enough to supply power to the PS2 head.

Is there a jumper im supposed to remove or anything.

Check that the jumper near that section of pins on the BotBoarduino should be set to 5V (default) as opposed to VS; in fact all three jumpers should still be set to the default 5V.
The previous suggestion was not for shorts but to check that the connectors were associated correctly between the BotBoarduino and the level shifter, as indicated in the sample code.

Yep i used the config file to show me what wires go where. I havent removed or moved any of the jumpers.

Heres a pic. The Wireless head isnt connected in the pic ill reconnect it when we figure out the power problem.

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/A2516FA3-DEF7-4D47-9D4A-E4B851F7D602_zpsqmo4bg65.jpg

Simple fix!!! Had no idea i was supposed to move the USB/EXT jumper behind the screw terminal, to EXT.

Have full power now.

Ok i have full power all the way around. All the lights come on and the legs twitch when given power but no movement when i try to use the PS2 controller.

Is there a different way to hook up the TX, RX and Gnd with the SSC-32usb that than there is with regular SSC-32?

When uploading the firmware to the botboarduino was supposed to comment. In the part about the botboarduino it gives options for Botboard JR pro mini. Should this be commented out.

What is Botboard JR?

What can you reccomend as a smaller alternative to the botboarduino? After the level booster being attached to the wireless head and the Botboarduino i have very lil room to use two different batteries.

Update::::

Checked the pins in the lynxmotion and they are and perfectly at 5v.

I also hooked up the board to the sequencer and chose com8 after looking it up in device manager. It says it connected or at the green light on the sequencer but when i move the sliders nothing happens.

Kinda wierd that the FTDI chip shows at all in device manager since my computer wont recognize FTDI products. Maybe i should use my UART?

I took everything apart and set it around so i could see everything hooked up together and added power and two servos to pins 1 & 0 on the lynxmotion. The servos twitch when power is added but nothing moves when i try to use the controller.

I also unnhooked the botboarduino from the SSC-32u and tried to use the sequencer but still no go.

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/EB94A1EC-3DC2-4558-9242-0F7BCE9FC066_zpsbhuv0dyr.jpg

i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/Duhjoker1/Quadruped/CE71413B-7EF6-446F-94A0-DEAD3B37706D_zpsgmags2zr.jpg

Heres a vid of me testing the SSC-32 using lynxterm.

youtu.be/H5TvKf80_tk

Rx on the SSC-32 to Tx on the BotBoarduino and vice-versa.
You need to also have common ground (which you do)

Don’t know. Where did you see it?

Anything Arduino will work.

You’re likely still going through the BotBoarduino. The Lynxmotion sequencer requires direct connection to the SSC-32U.

Not sure why it would not recognize FTDI. You can get the drivers here: ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Disconnect the BotBoarduino entirely from the setup. You’ll also need to verify that the software is connected to the right COM port and is set to the right baud rate.

All right that is how i have the TX, RX and gnd. RX to TX, TX to RX and gnd to gnd.

The config code for the botboarduino has a couple // comments in the microcontroller part says something botboard jr.

Ill disconnect the botboard from the SSC-32 and try again but i had the USB in the cord plugged to the SSC-32 and only the TX, RX and GND hooked up with power too.

FTDI gate messed up my computer where it wasnt recognizing any FTDI type device. Tried different drivers and contacting FTDI. They just got mad and refused any help. But its working now so i wont complain

Heres another video of just the SSC-32u with power to the VS1 and VL and two brand new servos on 0 and 1.

youtu.be/dSo_ZQ_Zu70

Note:

The pins are putting out 5v exactly