PhD Robotic aesthetic design

Hello, I am a PhD student in Cardiff Wales! As I’m sure you’re aware the COVID-19 has had a knock-on effect on many aspects of life, and this includes my studies! To try and keep on track of my PhD plan I have designed a robotics questionnaire that will aid me in my reports to progress on to the second year! I would be grateful if you would be able to circulate my robotics questionnaire in an attempt to get a promising response rate and I thought where better to get peoples opinions than a robot forum!

My research is in the area of Aesthetics, I’m interested in robot-human interaction and the effects athletics may have on a person’s perceptions of robotics.

Link to Questionnaire-

https://cardiffmet.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9AWlk1jDTMQR2RL

Thank you, everyone!

Hello @joelp1 and welcome to the RobotShop community,

I just finished taking the survey, it was quite extensive. And since it relates to the topic you are studying, you may want to read the following:

https://www.therobotreport.com/humanoid-robots-dont-provoke-fear-elderly-study-says

Good luck with your research!

2 Likes

Hello @geraldinebc15 and thank you for your warm welcome!
Thank you so much for taking the survey it is very much appreciated!

Just finished reading that document and was very surprised! You would almost always perceive that the younger generations would be most willing and accepting of humanoid robots than the older generation! I’ve downloaded the journal and look forward to reading more into this!

Thank you so much!
Joel

1 Like

@joelp1

Perhaps not an aspect of your study, but when I see that the manufacturer of a robot misspells common English words like “Perspective” as “Prespective”, my trust in the robot goes way, way down!

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 8.15.26 PM

But then perhaps that is a part of your study, and I should not be pointing it out - if so sorry.

Wishing you copious data, and hope you will remember to post your conclusions here when you are finished.

Link to the questionnaire no longer works, sorry, I wish you good luck in your research!

Your research is very interesting, I wish you good luck!