All Robots - ROBOTS: Your Guide to the World of Robotics - https://robots.ieee.org/robots/

Explore over 200 robots, sort robots by type and country, and see our Top Rated, Creepiest, and Most Wanted robot rankings.

This is a companion discussion for the article “All Robots - ROBOTS: Your Guide to the World of Robotics - https://robots.ieee.org/robots/” submitted on the community's news feed.
Reply to this topic to share your thoughts on this article.
2 Likes

Wow, nice catalog! So many robots!
I’d like to have a few at home… Such as cute robots.
But not those… Too creepy

1 Like

Hahahaha :rofl:
I agree! They should stop trying to make robots look like humans most of the time they end up looking creepy. I definitely prefer animal looking ones.

1 Like

I 100% agree, robots should not look human, they should have a almost comical look to them as to not scare people. The closest I would want a robot to look like a person is like in the Movie I-Robot. There has to be a distinction between humans and robots. There are those that have this god like syndrome and want to always create something in the likeness of them almost like the movie Frankenstein.

2 Likes

So many robots and applications don’t require human-like robots. For some domains though, robots impersonate humans for tests or social interactions.

I suppose we create robots that look like humans because we built a world for ourselves: infrastructures, transport, etc. Robots have our shapes, movements, senses.

You’re right about that, and I see why they want to make robots look like us but I agree with Jeffro in that they should have a cartoonish look, otherwise if done wrong they just look creepy and if done right + AI they could be dangerous. I’ve seen too many robot apocalypse movies to not think that could go wrong haha :sweat_smile:

Although I do find this adorable to some degree I think it is because of its size.

LOL :rofl:

Yes, I think it’s cute just because it’s small haha

That face in a bigger body would be kind of ugly, at least is not creepy but I think it would if you take the hair off