Operation MESV: The Spy 2

This is a surveillance robot I ahev been working on for my 3rd year entering Basef (Bay Area Science and Engineering Fair) the Ontario Wide Science Fair.

This robot is equipt with a 3DOF arm, cold blue Cathode lights, two pinhole camera’s relayed wirelessly to a TV and reciever, off-road robot tires, robotic arm pot light, and a pan and tilt system. The body is made of black lexan whith clear culcking reinforing all corners to make a water proof seal. The arm can be disconnected and a modified pan and tilt can be attached.

The Spy2 can perform under-car-surveillance, property serviellance, enter hostile environments, survey areas, used for SWAT missions and hostage situations, drive through large ducts and ventilation shafts and pipes and spy on criminals.

Here are some pictures.

img237.imageshack.us/img237/5545/spy2with2dofpantiltdk6.th.png

img237.imageshack.us/img237/2479/spy2with3dofarmtr6.th.png

Tomorrow I’ll upload some real pictures (im testing it through obsticle courses) DONT WANNA MISS THIS!! :smiley:

BTW any feedback on the project or cool ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

Looks nice! can’t wait to see the real thing.

When is the fair?

Sam

The fair is in March so that gives me about 3 months to finish testing it and do the written work as well as the backboard. Its gonna be great!!

Cool!

How big is the fair and What exactly is accepted to be entered? (is it like a contest?) like robots, well, anything that is science? :laughing: I would love to go to a fair one of these days lol

its as big as the golden horseshoe (hamilton, haldimand, Burlington and Norfolk, oakville ect.) Its a science fair that deals with any kind of science project.

heres the link to the website: basef.ca/

Last year I won 500$$ from 5 different awards including a pattenting award and a bronze medal. This year I hope to win Gold and hopefully get to go further out like to Quebec to compete.

too bad I can’t go in it, lol anyway I don’t have a car so… Thanks for the link, man I would need money, that would be fun and you can win money! it’s nice! You know a place in quebec where there is a fair or competitions?

Ask your school. Thats how I found out, from my science teacher.

Geez, talk about bringing back memories! I did this fair 3 times back in the 80’s when it was called HDSEF - Hamilton and District Science and Engineering Fair, and it was held at McMaster. It included the region around Hamilton in addition to winners from the Halton District Science Fair (I was from Georgetown). Never won, though…

Good luck with the fair and your robotics entry!

Hey, thats cool! Steel Town RULES!

Its at mcmaster again, cant wait, I want a scolarship there!

Ok getting back on track. Sorry for the late pics but Ive been busy mounting the arm properly as well as trying to open my mailbox becuase its frozen shut, and no one can get their mail delivered…Anyone got a Biped with a chainsaw???

ok, well here are the pics Taken from bad angles sorry, kinda hard to orient a PC camera while its connected to a computer :wink:

esnips.com/nsdoc/f5c79f97-63 … f06150084f

esnips.com/nsdoc/b28a0566-b3 … a28b26d032

esnips.com/nsdoc/4c35fac7-54 … aa68da6eba

esnips.com/nsdoc/0282185b-ef … df4a82a159

there you go guys. I’ll have videos up soon as soon as I start the obstacle courses and testing.

any feedback will be appreciated.

it won’t let me look at the pics
it keeps saying i have to log in
and i made my account
but when i sign in theres no pics???

I can see them???

You’re probably logged in, as it’s your account. I suggest using something like photobucket.com I’ve not had any problems with that site, and you don’t have to be logged in to view videos or images.

thats what website i use :slight_smile:

so italianguy
can you use a different website
so that i can accualy see the pics?

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ … 99/pic.jpg"

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ … 299/on.jpg"

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ … 299/li.jpg"

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ … 299/gr.jpg"

here are the pictures that work :smiley:

You know I likes the lights. :smiley:

Good job! :smiley:

thx 8)