Operation MESV: The Spy 2

That’s one stealthy looking rover. I love it. Looks really cool.

Great work man.

thanks. Anyone have any ideas how prototype # 3 can be enhanced? :laughing:

im going to attempt this on either the rover im working on as an add on or on a furture project, a slide back roof that closes over a storage space, i thought pretty hevily on this deisgn, really hard though, i still need to finalize the idea too

you mean like a collapsable add on deck?? sounds interesting! :smiley:

yea, sorta like this, in the top picture, the panels are horizontal and closed, in the bottom they have gone vertical and pushed back, i have also though of a garage door type roof

putfile.com/pic.php?img=4542056

Obvious answer: Mind-control lasers.

Good luck finding any, though. Every place I’ve checked is out of stock. :wink:

Seriously: How’s the range on control and downlink? Is it the sort of thing that you can drive far enough that you run out of places to explore, or do you find that you’re struggling to either control it accurately or see what it sees before you’ve sent it into all of the nooks and crannies to be seen? If you run out of range, maybe some sort of enhancement to allow you to go farther would be in order.

Play around with it, and decide what aspects give you trouble the most. Maybe it has issues with certain types of terrain. Maybe battery life isn’t what it could be. Maybe a zoom function would be nice, so that you could check things out from afar, without having to drive right up to them in order to see details.

Just some ideas.

that could easily be accomplished with door hinges connected the seperate frames and a pully with a belt and sprocket to pull the doors open. AWSOME IDEA AND SO SIMPLE TO INCORPORATE!

your the man chunga 8)

:smiley:, why thank you, but its a lot harder when you get down to the details

the track is ecspecially hard, i was thinking of making it out or doubled plyed lexan, the first layer with the track cut into it

these are ideas I am trying to make work. Especially the transmitting. Its only operation up to 100ft and looses some controll at about 70 ft. Also, battery power isnt bad, zooming in would be nice as well as steering better on carpet and cement.

Ive been looking into wifi for controlling the newer bot (which will be aluminum hopefully, cant stand lexan any more), but unfortuantely cant find anything I can incorporate with the present LM electronics as well as something that dosent need to be programmed :laughing:

what is the top speed???
i know you cant give exact answors
but just try to geuss

Id say around 100ft per minute. :confused:

Well, Ive just got around to updating this! And here is what Ive got… So far Ive managed to print out and attach the logo to the SPY 2’s body:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/Italian_guy299/spy3xb4.gif

This was made by SN96 way back when the forum was just a few months old.hmmm, time sure flys by :open_mouth:

Again, thanks SN96, great logos!

do you like that speed? are you satisfied? and, where did you buy the cameras? your lucky to have a bit of money, I will try working this summer but I think most of my money is going to go in the 5990 servos (114$ each, goes up fast…), maybe I could find a bit of money somewhere to buy some planetary motors and sabertooth to build a rover.

Sam

because id I buy planetary motors, I will buy the 65 RPM one, wich will come to about 60 feet per second, wich is almost half of what you have, but I will a lot of power.

I would also like to know where you bought the cameras. Nice logos! :smiley:

The camera’s are 1.2 and 2.4 GHZ cameras from superdroidrobots.com. They are wirelessly fed to a reciever connected to a TV or small LCD screen. I am very satisfied with the speed and torque of the motors, and they are very quiet which gives the rover stealth. 8)

lol, not to jack the thread or anything, but my motors are nice and strong and they are nice and quiet, about as quiet as drills running at full boar :laughing:

show off :stuck_out_tongue:

lol :laughing:

:laughing:

wow, you mustn’t ear it coming :unamused:

Is it Lynxmotion motors you have Italianguy?

yep! What eles is better?? :smiley:

Brushless. :laughing: This hobby just isn’t there yet.