Onboarding the Connect app: I get a red light on my Power button instead of a blue light

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
This morning I turned the LR off to empty the drawer (I have five cats, I emtpy it every day). After emptying it, I turned the LR back on, but my app kept telling me it was offline. I tried to reset the LR, but nothing worked. I deleted the LR from my app so I could install it again, but here comes the problem.
When I want to connect, the power light goes from white to blue in three seconds, which is good, but then after a second it turns red. Now I keep failing to connect! Please help.

Hardware concerned:
Litter Robot Open Air III Connect base

Software concerned:
Autopets Connect app

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

1. Reboot your router.
  2. Completely close the Litter-Robot app.
  3. While the unit is at the Home position with the solid blue light, unplug your unit from the base, not the wall.
  4. Wait 15 seconds, plug it back in, and allow it to cycle until the solid blue light comes on (“Ready” status).

I also checked the wires as suggested in this link: https://support-litter-robot.force.com/s/article/I-cannot-get-my-unit-to-blue-power-light-status

Additional information:
I received my Litter Robot Open Air III Connect base four days ago. I purchased this base because my first Litter Robot I got second hand kept failing and my newest Litter Robot kept failing so I had to send it in for repair (just mailed it, so will take some time).
Upon receiving my connect base I installed it properly and had no trouble connecting with my app.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @iBeccaa

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear about the problem.

Please give us your order ID and a serial number of the robot.

Hi, my order number is 10909839.
SN: LR3CI190914
Model:
LR3C-BA-INTL

SKU: Ltr-127

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hey @iBeccaa

1. Press and hold down on the cycle and empty button at the same time until the power light turns red

2. Wait 10 seconds and then press reset once to clear the red.

3. Attempt to onboard as normal. Litter-Robot should now broadcast.

Hi,

I have tried this multiple times, but it is still not working.

1 Like

Hi @iBeccaa

It sounds like a hardware issue.

We can either exchange the base or we can send you new circuit board so you can replace the defective one (like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axe9soTNzHU)

What do you preffer?

Thank you.

Hi,

That’s really unfortunate. I have had trouble with my other Litter Robot(s) as well, and I have replaced several parts, but as it kept giving me errors, it is in for repair in Germany now. I am willing to try to replace the circuit board, as it is costing me a lot of money to send the base back…

Are you able to find my details with my ordernumber?

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes we have your order number.

Is shipping address still the same?

It should be the same. Can I somehow send you a message to confirm where it’s not public?

1 Like

Yes.

I will transfer this to our internal support and you will receive a message in a few minutes.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.