Old litter robot can it be repaired?

Litter robot (bought in 2010) dont turn. Yellow led lighted. What can i do?

Hello @pmourier ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with a picture of the robot to check which model you are having.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I baught it in 2013 in a french shop.

Hello @pmourier ,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you having a solid yellow light but the robot isn’t rotating or is it a flashing yellow light?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I have a solid yellow led but the robot isn t rotating. It is possible to reinitialize it? Thank you for your answer.

Hello @pmourier ,

The issue could indeed be the motor itself or that the motor is not getting proper power. There could also be an issue with the connections to the motor. We would therefore suggest to verify the connections going to the motor. They are found under a black cover in the inside of the base. If you feel comfortable, you can open up the Litter-Robot in order to verify the motor and connections with more ease.

The following link will help you verify the connections of the motor:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you very much. I look at thr motor and i reply you. Thanks

1 Like

Hello, all seems ok with a few corrosion and rust on the nusts. When i mplug, the motor starts on and turn one or two degrees but no more ans stops. The yellow led stays turned on. Is it an electronic problem ? Thanks

Hello @pmourier ,

The issue could be coming from the motor itself or the safety switch.

Please check steps no.4 and 5 from this troubleshooting guide:
Litter-Robot II Basic Troubleshooting Guide | RobotShop Community

Here’s a picture to help you locate step no.4:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

The cat sensor seems good. The electronic board has rust and urine traces. I will change it. All the connectors should be good. Motor turns some degrees at each contact is it necessary to change it so ? Thank you for answer. Pierre

Hello @pmourier ,

You can start by replacing the circuit board first as it might be the one causing the issue.

However, if the shipping cost is high in your area, you can order the new motor along with the board to avoid paying the shipping twice.

If the new circuit board fixes the issue, you can keep the new motor for the future in case the original motor shows any issues.

You can find these parts here:

The following guides will help you replace them:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I have received motor, electronic card And wires.all is changed but or i made a mistake or there is another component wich fails: on start the motor turn and dont stop when it would, it returns on the other sense and stops with the three leds flashing : yellow, green and red. What does this mean?

The motor axis seems longer than the old (photo) znd i have made a little video of the bad function

If you can see them and say me… thanks.

Hello @pmourier ,

Please provide us with pictures to verify the installation of the new parts.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Ok that s good! The problem was i have not blocked the hall effect sensor in its box and it didnt detect the globe position. Put it in its place and all is good. Thank you very much, we have saved my litter robot. Greetings

1 Like

Hello @pmourier ,

We are glad to hear that the robot is working properly now.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like