Obstacle Avoider

I figured I should start with the chassis on this project:)Built around an old computer drive on which I attached a pair of gearmotors (12v,200rpm).The (v battery pack fit in nice and flush within the case.Switches installed on the sides,drilled and tapped. Went with the Arduino micro(9v) again along with the Adafruit motor controller(Stacked chip for extra amps).Separated all the power sources.Sonar,infrared,bump,tilt switches.Servo turret(4.8v)Added a speaker and RGB LED for debugging this work in progress.Thanks for watching!

Wanders around the given floorspace.Avoidance using sonar,bump, tilt ,IR.. LDR for additional sensor

• Actuators / output devices: speaker, servo, 2 * 1:200 gears 12volt, RGB led.
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Arduino Duemilanove (328)
  • Power source: 12v nimh for motors, 4.8volt for servo, 9volt lithium for Arduino
  • Sensors / input devices: 3xSharp IR GP2D12, bumper switches, SRF 05 ultrasound, one LDR.
  • Target environment: Indoors is best

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/obstacle-avoider

indoor test run

indoor test run

I like the apparent

I like the apparent “overpower” of your robot - it drives very well, and the obstacle avoidence seems to work very well (including bumper).

OK, that was the robot, there’s something about your video that I’d like to know:

What camera are you using?

What is the light source?

Are the green paper just something you had laying around?

The reason that I ask, is that for indoor light, your source works very well with that camera. And the green paper cards could very well work for chroma keying.

thanks! It’s funny you

thanks! It’s funny you noticed the over-powering-- just completed a charge.Yes green screen cardboard.Using a Canon hfr20 but having some difficulty displaying my embedded video currently

:)Sorry for keep focusing on

:slight_smile:

Sorry for keep focusing on the video over the robot. But I really like that indoor light. it appears it’s just the lamps providing it, what bulps do you have in there? And did you set the white balance manually?

I never managed to get such a nice white balance, you see :wink: And I would love to, as we are entering the part of the year where there’s only sunlight a couple of hours every day in Denmark. So you could really help me :slight_smile:

Lighting

Hi Fritsl! I am using  23 watt Phillips Fluorescent bulbs. Lighting is always tricky for me this time of year too with the way my flat is oriented.I’ve been setting the white balance manually,recording in 1080i,exporting to QT7.I am still a novice with video production!!

Can you add sme details

Can you add sme details about this robot, please?

looks cool mate!

looks cool mate!