NNW Rover prototype

Yours does 1.426m/s. Thats pretty darn fast! You can use it as an example moving object in high school physics problems :stuck_out_tongue:

well mine has a calculated theoretical max of about a meter a second, but I doubt the motors have enough torque to do that. :unamused:

I think it is correct. I timed how fast it took to move 7.7m (thats the length of my hallway) which was 5.5s. Than I did the math (average speed formula) and got that asnwer. Is it correct? I need to know becuase Its for a regional science fair. It seems correct because I am using this formula in science class this week.

Seems correct to me.

You could have just done delta-d/delta-t = 7.7m/5.5s = 1.4m/s

There was some error because of the rounding converting to minutes. Most of the time, speed is referred to as m/s or distance/second. Lynxmotion has this wonderful little tool:

lynxmotion.com/images/html/wheelspd.htm

You can do a bunch of stuff based on knowing two of the following vars:
RPM
wheel diameter
speed
:slight_smile:

Of course that would be the theoretical speed or whatever you calculate for. It doesn’t include the fact that the motors might be too weak or too powerful.

well I had to convert seconds to minutes to calculate M per min, not m per sec. So 85.56m per minute should be correct.

but m/min is hardly ever used :S But alright. If you want m/min then its 85m/min

7.7m/( 5.5s/60s ) = 85m/min

You never round until the end. Then you round to the number of significant digits you need.

I know that it is rarely used, but I for driving long distances, I needed the average speed per minute instead of per second. I drive ussually for like 2m straight with my bot, (especially when Im chasing people) so it works out for me :laughing:

WOW! Wich motors do you have chunga?? and you to Italian guy? pretty fast over a meter per second! i’d get about a feet per second, wich is realy low compared to the crazy 1.4 meters! :laughing: 8),maybe I will go with some gear head instead

Personally, I also think you should. They’re deffinately bang for the buck even if they aren’t as powerfull as planetary they compensate for good amount of torque and RMP’s. Deffinately a good choice, thats my 0.02. :slight_smile:

yeah, I’ve seen taht the GM-13 are still being sold at robotshop, do you know why LM stop making them? is there a problem? poor qualety?

hmmm not sure at all. I think once these bad boys came in, they took them out. For a couple dollars more their worth the torque and RMP’s.

lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx? … egoryID=11

though the Link are what I use. The RPM’s are good and torque is even better! 8)

I just need to order more that’s all. :stuck_out_tongue:

cough hijackers cough :laughing:, jk, dont worry about it

anyway, i got the rover back up and running by switching one of the non-attached-to-the-motors-sprockets with the broken one, and it works beautifully

i was about to do some tests wen the batteries crapped the bed on me :confused: and wen i went to use my replacement batteries, i found that they were not charged :angry:, so right now im charging the 2 pairs of battery packs which took quit a qwhile, plugged them in at 5 yesterday, and they weren’t done at 10 wen i went to bed, they were finally done this morning 1 down…3 to go :laughing:

as soon as i get some money ill will be buying the LM tracks, sprockets and the rest i need to make this thing have more traction, im going to have to make some new side types to compensate for the bigger sprockets but it should look good :smiley: ill take some better videos after school today i will also satrt working on code to make it autonomous, ttyl when im otta school, later :slight_smile:

:angry: well, considering the fact that i want to put on an arm on the bot, i have to resign the chassis and make it much bigger

i plan on making the arm with linear actuators and the bot is expanding to a massive 9" x 12" (the base of the arm alone will be 15" O_O) so it will hang off the back of the rover >_>

but, it will get the job done in lifting power, i plan of making it with 110 lb force actuators :smiling_imp:

anyway, lemme know wat u think, ill be getting more in detail once i get everything for sure and i have more time to talk about it

110lb torque actuators! Thats gonna cost a few pennies!

yeaaaah, pennies, it’s like 150$ a piece :confused: xD. but it’s gonna be powaful

wich ones do you count on using chunga?

I was geussing something like the ones they got at robotshop.ca. They seem to be bang for your buck.

but, what’s 15 N’s? I know its the force, but, any explanations? they do look good, it would be fun to do an arm with them.

no, not very expensive at all, about $74 a pop, and it has a built in pot too

thing is, how would i get the analog of the pot if it is hooked up to a motor controller? would i just give it power from the batteries and hook up the ground of the actuator to the ground of the ABB and then hook the signal wire up?, a bit confused on this, please lend some help

surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2007031119582904&item=5-1577-6&catname=electric

although it says i need a 10 amp fuse, i doubt i will cause that would be at stalled, plus my motors themselves draw 9.8 Amps stalled, so it wont matter much, i will also be using all 4 of my battery packs for the rover, 12 volts 4200 mAh for the motors and the motor controller, and the other 12 volt 4200 mAh in series packs for the arm itself

again, please help with that linear actuator problem, it says i have a built in pot, but im not sure how to harness that…goodness of the pot :laughing:

WOW, just think 75$$ for some aluminum and plastic, what has gotten into people! :open_mouth: