Neutrino | RobotShop Community

Neutrino is the name of my robot, it is made of lego technics and is full functionality.

it took 6 years to try, build and program it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/neutrino
1 Like

Hey there,

6-years is a long time to create a project and I’m really curious to see this robot in action.

Can’t wait to see a video or more details! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for your comment,
the robot as said is made of lego and have not been glued but I have found some interlocking solutions, 99% of the robot can be disassembled without using tools.
6 years are not so many looking at all the skills and functions that the robot has, I have not yet listed all the functional functions, those that are not yet complete I have not even mentioned. I give a couple of examples of partially implanted functions, color recognition, user face recognition, automatic battery change, light intensity, line tracking …

Yeah, video please.

I like to make a video, but it’s more complicated than it seems, but one day I’ll succeed. however the few who saw him in action were speechless. I also had proposals from the Lego group ticino to show it in action. I also had work proposals for the robotics school (SUPSI) that I had to refuse, I am a very busy person with little free time available.

I’m also looking forward to a video :smiley:

What is the overall weight of the robot?

Very good project @Neutrino!
Does it really do everything you said? You must be a very constant person, I don’t know if I could work 6 years on a project. I hope to see some demonstrations with the features you mention there. Just watching him walk, I think that would be enough achievement! :grin:

Honestly, he doesn’t walk very well, for two reasons: the flexibility of the lego joints and for the legs engines that are very slow. However I am working on aluminum components to correct the stability of the joints. It will take some time to refine the legs and the walk, a year ago I started to build the legs, first it was mounted on lego tracks and with these it could move to gps coordinates. I also take the opportunity to answer another question that was previously asked to me by a member, this is its weight of around 35 kg including lithium batteries.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

It looks and it is massive :slight_smile:

In the end this robot is a prototype and I would like to build it with aluminum and fiberglass parts. I started with a 3D printer, but it takes much longer to make components than make them with lego. I would also be interested in finding someone who works with me for this project. I am a very constant person, maybe even a little boring, but one thing is certain I don’t like lies and I always keep my word.

What would be the tasks that you would assign to that other person? Maybe you can write it down here and if someone is interested he could contact you.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what skills he has since there are very few people who would be interested in collaborating. It’s hard if not impossible to find someone who lives nearby to help with this … The only alternative would be to create software remotely. But even this last one is not so easy without knowing all the aspects of the robot. It would mean that I have to lose a lot of time that I don’t have to explain constantly what and how to do. Honestly, I gave up looking for someone, I actually put the Robot for sale for 25000 Fr.- without the software, since the cost with the software is not payable by an ordinary person.

I am sorry to hear that. Anyway, good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding me, in the end it’s a personal hobby, and hiring someone to work on my hobby doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

if anyone is interested in building a walking humanoid robot I suggest you look at this link:

While I am there, I will Link this App that can be used on your android phone to create applications that are also Arduino compatible and not only, there are plenty of examples. Try it and you’ll love it, it’s also very suitable for those who don’t know much about java programming.

thanks, it took a long time to find a good compromise of stability and robustness, there are also non-lego parts, especially in the leg joints. 6 axes are made of stainless steel with aluminum side reinforcements, so that the legs can support a weight of 120 kg. Even the programmer is not lego since it can only manage a small amount of engines and accessories.

2 Likes

thats taking legos to another level , looks really awesome
looking forward to se him in action!