My second work - 4 Legged Robot

My first robot was an autonomous rover based on the "Start Here" robot. So this time I wanted to go one step further and make something different, write my own code and do everything my way.

At the begging my plans were to make a 6 legged robot, but since picaxe 28x1 has only 8 outputs I went for 4 legged one.

My biggest concern was that a 4 legged bot would fall everytime it lifts its leg, but fortunately it does not.

Chassis is made from an old mouse, legs are cut from organic glass.

Servos are the cheapest ones you could find on the market, but they do their job.

That's it. Comments/advices are appreciated. Thanks.

Navigate around via ultrasound, uses 4 legs to walk

• Actuators / output devices: 8x cheap micro servos from china
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Picaxe 28x1
  • Power source: 3 AA cells
  • Programming language: Basic
  • Sensors / input devices: SRF005
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/my-second-work-4-legged-robot

Nice bot. Legs look cool,

Nice bot. Legs look cool, you should make body look like that too.

And maybe you can try to use it on rougher surfaces too? Legs look high enough for grass (first thing that come in my mind when seeing pictures).

Nice one

Looks great. Good work.

What is he dragging behind him. Is that another servo?

good work

nice robot ,but why does it stop when there is something front to it ?

you can make it go left or right when there is something front to it .

I tried putting a book in

I tried putting a book in front of it and it failed, but grass should be ok. I will try that :wink:

It is an “on/off” switch for

It is an “on/off” switch for the robot. Nothing fancy, just forgot to glue it to the chassis :smiley:

At the time, when video was

At the time, when video was shot it just stopped, but now it turns to the better direction when an obstacle is detected. The disadvantage of such thing is that it takes some time for the robot to turn.

Heck of a nice job Nice

Heck of a nice job

Nice walking for only 2DOF, are those those cheap 9g servos? been wondering if they would suffice for a walker.

Problem occured!! Without

Problem occured!!  Without the SRF005 sensor, the robot walks just fine, but when it is connected, the servos start doing nasty stuff. For example, randomly all the servos start to turn into one direction. 

Can the srf005 ultrasound signals be the problem? If so, how may this be fixed?

:wink:

I like this quadbot. ep…nice walking… keep it up!! :slight_smile:

the solution for your problem

"I did not have a fresh SRF05, and so there are drilled extra holes and soldered pins on the one on the picture.

Be aware that if you also connect servo(s) to the same Picaxe chip, program execution may be bumpy with little iregular breaks when using things as the SFR05 that needs pulses. If it is important for you to have a steady program execution, or if a servo acts totally irrational, it sometimes helps to have a smal pause or turn off a servos pulse for a short time in the code:

“low 3” or “pause 10”. Aparently there is no system, it is just trial and error with your particular setup." FRITS

can you give the link to the

can you give the link to the website where you got those servos

Thanks, that just might do

Thanks, that just might do the trick.

I bought it on ebay. Just

I bought it on ebay. Just search for 9g micro servos and you will definitely find those.

help

Hi My name is Hila , i love programming , and i use arduino and picaxe 28x1 and u job is very nice. help me post u code for picaxe or arduino. Thank

have one doubt …why did you

have one doubt …

why did you use 8 servos ?..

because i can see only four servos working…and the rest of the four dont work to which the legs are stuck…

4 servos, which are attached

4 servos, which are attached to the chassis move horizontally, other four move vertically. All eight of them are working :slight_smile:

organic glass

what is “organic glass”?

**hi **

hi

good work with this robot

can you give your draw the robots?

please

ps: [email protected]

Google it up

It a sheet of plastic or something like that. Google it. :wink: