My Drumming Machine

Still trying to get the L293D to work...

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/my-drumming-machine

Thats Cool

Thats cool great job with chase. Cant wait to see it beat some thing up and make musice out of it!

Brilliant someone else is

Brilliant someone else is having a go too :smiley: good luck

Law Three, a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

No free sticks in the big
No free sticks in the big apple?

Nope, hella expensive too, I
Nope, hella expensive too, I think I might go with PVC and scrape everything off the wood and mount it on 6mm PVC

Black 6mm HDPE sheeting

Black 6mm HDPE sheeting 500*500mm - http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/home.php?cat=4022

Bargain.

Law Three, a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Wow, just saw; Hot glue ON
Wow, just saw; Hot glue ON TOP of double sided tape?? Lol, never tried that mix! :smiley:

not at all… try
not at all… try solarbiotics

It seems to be more adhesive
It seems to be more adhesive this way

Yeah. Add some nails too :smiley:
Yeah. Add some nails too :smiley:

Yay I just ordered the two
Yay I just ordered the two Srf05 mounts from Cascabots! :slight_smile:

There’s no Home Depot or

There’s no Home Depot or Lowe’s near you? I walked into a Home Depot and walked out with a handful of free paint mixing sticks. Hard not to look shifty-eyed as you just grab a bunch and walk out, but they ARE free after all :slight_smile: They’re certainly not hardwood or anything, but good enough for the crap little robots I make :slight_smile:

Dan

Nice start. It’s amazing how

Nice start. It’s amazing how much quicker a project goes when you use hot glue instead of worrying about removable connections like bolts and brackets, huh? :slight_smile:

Dan

Its much faster and is
Its much faster and is probably just as convienent to take off, just heat up that stuff and ur good to go :slight_smile:

The ones you get in Denmark

The ones you get in Denmark is actually hardwood. I always wondered why, but it is really good quality.

PS: Just say that you got some paint yesterday, and forgot the sticks :wink:

**Malti lives in NYC… **

Malti lives in NYC…

Google shows one Lowe’s store in Brooklyn though.

"I am going to get my
"I am going to get my friends boss’s husband who is an engineering major, to help me solder the…" Lol!! :smiley:

**yerp… i cant **
yerp… i cant :smiley: lol

I took some of the paint
I took some of the paint sticks from home depot, and i was freakin out thinking some security guy would come up behind me and just stare me down shivers

YDM loves hot glue

Hot glue all the way! To make soldering easier on yourself, buy a good soldering station. Nothing radioshack sells will do the job right. Spend $90-120 on either a weller or a hakko. My weller broke. I now own a hakko. The hakko has not broken :smiley: It heats up in less than 15 seconds which is quite useful.

Good luck, and our robots shall drum to the death someday.