Missing DFI Lense on Litter Robot III Open Air

Someone please tell me I’m looking at this wrong… Am i missing the left DFI Lense for the drawer. Ive had nothing but issues indicating its always full. Upon further look i noticed theres nothing on the left side… Is this normal?

strong text

Hi @Perpetuus,

Yes, it is normal. Litter Robot Connect version has a new type of DFI sensor based on laser so it has only one circuit board. Old DFI sensor was based on IR light so it had two circuit boards. One for emitting and one for receiving IR light.

Also, have in mind that the app uses an algorithm to estimate how full the unit is based on the number of times it normally has to cycle for the unit to be full. The unit does know when the drawer it totally full but anything before that is an estimation. Over time, once the app has compiled more data, the estimation will become more accurate. It is recommended to push the reset button on the robot and see if the blue light blinks less frequently.

To reset DFI sensor fault on a Connect Litter Robot please hold Reset button until the blue light blinks quickly. After that, it should come to solid blue light.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. It’s driving me insane that this piece of technology isn’t a little more smooth in operation. Every time my cat uses the litter and once the cleaning cycle is complete… It shows as full! Ill try your reset recommendation. Pretty disappointed on the app for how awfully expensive this system is.

3 Likes