Litter Robot Connect - dumping clean litter and indicating full tray erroneously

Hi

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

My new Litter Robot Connect dumps clean litter along with clumps when cycling. Not all the litter as it’s not during an empty cycle, but enough that it’s wasteful. Also, the sensor keeps saying the tray is full but when I check, it isn’t. All the litter and clumps are in the middle of the tray, not evenly spread out, so the sensor thinks it’s full, after just one cycle.

I’ve made sure not to overfill with litter.

Band new.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @DebbieZora,

The Litter-Robot litter sifting system requires a clumping type litter to work properly.
We recommend a high-quality clay-based clumping litter such as Litter-Robot™ brand premium clumping litter. Litter beads and crystals may also be used with the Litter-Robot as long as the beads and crystals are small enough to pass through the screen – periodic changing of this type of litter is required.
Litters that DO NOT work in the Litter-Robot are the strictly absorbent, non-clumping litters, newspaper based litters, loose clumping litters, and absorbent wood-based pellets.

Regarding the the sensor, please read this post here: Missing DFI Lense on Litter Robot III Open Air

Thank you for replying. The litter I have been using is World’s Best. It is clumping litter. It baffles me as to why loose litter, as well as clumps, get dumped during the clean cycle. I thought it sifted it out.

Hey @DebbieZora,

It is probably because of the size of the litter.