MiniWasp build!

i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC01008_zps31be035e.jpg

Just something I’m working on!

230mm Carbon Fiber Chassis
Able to fly with x or + configuration
Multiple motor mounting options
Multiple Flight Controller options
Maximum blade size of 5"

Mounting for the motors are 15mm to 25mm, and for the fc it is 30mm to 45mm.

i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0271_zpsb41cd324.jpg

Big square 51mm x 51mm… Small rectangles 55mm x 25mm… Snug fit, but a fit nonetheless! :wink:
i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0272_zps33a277ee.jpg

Electronics to be tested…

5 x 3 (Green) Three Blade Propeller
5030R (green) Three Blade Propeller
KK2.1 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board With 6050MPU And Atmel 644PA
10CM Male to Male Servo Leads
XT60 to 4 X 3.5mm bullet Multistar ESC Power Breakout Cable
HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controllers
2725 Brushless Outrunner Motors 1600kv
Propeller Adapters (Colet Type) 3MM

Really looking forward to seeing it come together! You have your own CNC or had it outsourced?

My guess is outsource… HaHa… :wink:
He asked me to cut his prototypes in the past.

This things is so cute…!
I do love CF…

Get it build now… :slight_smile:

Thanks bud, yes it it is!

Thanks man! Your one of the people who inspired me to keep on truckin! Yes, I had it outsourced! Wish I had the toys to do the job myself like Eric, but boy can they be pricey so for now this will have to do! I wanted to see how small I could get it without limiting what could be used for electronics. Hopefully, I’ll be able to test everything when the slow boat from china arrives sometime this month! lol.

You can have a look at the mini i did

One of my favorite designs from you! Another being the Fun2Fly quad! As I said, you do beautiful work bud!

This is smaller than yours.
I’m sure yours will fly good, it’s a bit tricky to tune the PID but it’s very nice… :wink:

Is it? Mine mtm is 202mm. Chassis is exactly 230mm tip to tip. Can yours run multiple sizes of fc or motors though? :wink: :laughing:

No, it’s much too small for larger 45mm mounting flight controller.
143.65mm motor to motor…

Well, I stil love its design! Those arms with those holes… not too weak?

Not too bad, for a mini there is less weight.
Sure, it would need improvement … :wink:

That’s the only thing that worries me about mine, but I figure the weight to flex ratio is not enough to allow easy breaks! We’ll have to see during testing I guess! :wink:

Off topic, whats your favorite fightcontroller?

I am not worried about yours, look quite strong.
How thick is the material ?

I really like the MultiWii FC, did some tests with the NAZA and it’s more easy to setup but made to be stable, not very acro.

I’m using 2.5mm, but may go with 3mm! Depends on the testing results. I may have to give a multiwii a go sometime.

How much would it cost me for a frame like that :wink:

Currently going through testing so no idea if it’s even gonna fly properly yet! Will keep everyone here in the loop, and this can also be followed at rcgroups forum… not sure if I’m allowed to post that here or not! google rcgroups, I’m username Creepy1 on that forum!

Post freely here… :wink:

Awesome! A build thread can be followed along to at rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073930 but in all honesty, the exact same information, and build progress will be made available right here aswell so… :wink:

Nice, if you need anyone to test, I’m here XD :smiley:

Thanks for the offer, but all testing will be done by myself before deciding if I’ll sell these or not!