MiniWasp build!

Ok cool, good luck with the frame :wink:

You have nothing yet to test?

Well I could have stripped down my quad that I have now, but instead I ordered all new stuff specifically to test for this size quad! Should be here any day now! :wink:

:slight_smile:

Ok you got me… was an excuse to buy more stuff so I could have another quad, but… shhhhh! :laughing:

Bitter sweet today! Got most of my order, but the order was yet again screwed up by hobbyking! I’m done shoping there! Some hardware didnt come in, some hardware I didnt order did, and the motors which are not pictured have extremely tiny wires so I’m not gonna risk using them! Yet another delay, so sorry guys! :frowning:
i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0278_zps900b77f7.jpg

Tiny wires…
Small motors have tiny wires… :wink:

Well the motors arnt small, but the wires look like 18ga.

How much current do you thing they draw… ?

They say 17amp.

HaHa …
For a Mini… I put 12A ESC’s on a VTail 400… :stuck_out_tongue:

So… I should be fine running them with 30amp escs? :slight_smile:

6Amp would have been plenty enough i think

Why such tiny wires though? these look barely bigger than those soldered on my nano quad! lol.

I don’t know… i have not see them.
But 18awg is HUGE for such application

They are these ones… hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ … 600kv.html

with the 30a hk escs… just wanna make sure I don’t cook anything!

Motors look huge for a mini

Ya thats what the plan was, but these wires are god awful tiny in comparison!

So a few things…

1. These electronics fit fine, but are probably overkill for this size chassis!
  2. I’m not the best at wire management, and it probably shows!
  3. This spider harness was intended to be between the flightboard, and chassis… however my order was pooched… made due with what I had! :wink:
  4. I think I should have shrink tubed the entire female bullet ends, but I was in the zone… apparently the wrong zone! :wink:
  5. Top plate was not used… again because my order for standoffs was stolen by midget pirate unicorns!
  6. Motors not installed cause I’m still waiting for the screws!
    i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0277_zpsfae68815.jpg

i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0279_zpsf14c6b66.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff425/fuufnfr/DSC_0277_zps7285460f.jpg

Available for purchase very soon here --> rcgroups.com/forums/showthre … st27816569

This build was just to show that it could be built with all this huge stuff, and yet still fly! Ideally, you’d use mini electronics such as 6 to 12 amp escs with a mini flightboard such as a flip, or naze afro. Motors should be 2200kv to about 3000kv.