Mech-Stryker

Since Mike posted about his mech I thought maybe I should just go ahead and do the same.

I have been working on this robot in my spare time for several months now. I was hoping to have it ready for Robogames, unfortunatly due to several circumstances beyond my control it will not be ready in time.

Here is a little overview of what I have done so far and what I hope to accomplish in the near future.

Basically the frame is completed. I still have to mount the guns and camera on top, but I am waiting on parts before that can be accomplished.

RIght now the hold up is a lack of an adequate control system. I am currently using the CM-5 which comes with the Bioloid ki, but this does not allow me to remotely control Stryker and also does not provide power for the gun motors.

Here are a few more pics of my progress so far. I have not had a chance to takea video of it yet, but as soon as I do I will post.

Competes in Mech Warfare

• Actuators / output devices: AX-12 servos, Tank airsoft guns
  • Control method: remote controlled via ZigBee
  • CPU: CM-5
  • Sensors / input devices: Wifi Camera, Sonar sensors, Piezo target plates
  • Target environment: Arena

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/mech-stryker

Beautifully machined parts,
Beautifully machined parts, looks good. In one pic, there appears to be rollers on the feet. Were you thinking of doing something like the Roller Walker ?

THose are some very strong /
THose are some very strong / expensive servos, no? Video?

i think their from a trossen

i think their from a trossen kit or something like it.

edit: the very very strong ones.

Those are feet
THe little round things were supposed to be feet. They are just little rubber balls. I had seen them used on another robot, and thought I would try them out on my bot. I have given up on using them for the moment. I am working on another foot design that should be a little better.

These servos are pretty
These servos are pretty good, but not the strongest ones for robotis. If my memory serves me correctly they are about $45 each. These servo are a step above other servos. Unlike standard servos these are on a network. Each servo has an address and can send status packets back to the controller. You can also preset certain things on the servos, such as thermal shutdown, and rotation limits.