MDD10A stop and Regenerative Braking

Hello, I’m looking to use MDD10A to drive two starter motors (to start gaz engines), I need these two electric motors to do 2 important things

• Stop when I send a zero duty PWM, to make sure the transmission disconnects (it’s an auto disconnect transmission when gaz engine run faster then electric starter motor).
  • Do not send Regenerative Braking (or having a way to absorb or dissipate it) in case the transmission did not disconnect…

The point is when the gaz engine will start it will turn a crazy hi RPM (over 50 000 RPM) so, if the transmission did not disconnect, I don’t want the electric motor and MD10C controller to send back a crazy amount of current to the (electric) motor battery, until the gaz motor emergency stop kick in.

Is there is a way to do so with the MD10C ? Elseway, which setup would you suggest me ?

PS: After having read this Cytron Design: DC Motor Driver - How it works | RobotShop Community I think I understend that with a PWM duty a zero, the dynamic braking will stop the motor, but what if the gaz engine still force it to turn, what will happen ?

Thanks!