Make Your Own Arduino-Powered Deskbot Pal: Lesson 6 – Going Further | RobotShop Community

In this sixth and final installment of the “Make Your Own Arduino-Powered Deskbot Pal” you’ll discover ways to enhance your Desktop Pal by adding more sensors and other hardware. As a bonus, you’ll also learn how to implement a compact MP3 player to play recorded music and sound effects!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/make-your-own-arduino-powered-deskbot-pal-lesson-6-going-further

Hello. As I am reading this post, I see that you have knowledge that possibly is able to answer a thought that I have. Currently there are available cheap hobby quadcopters for around $20 - and less. Fun to fly and not expensive to crash, serves as a beginners intro into the hobby. Some come with 6axis and 4 channels - copter and transmitter. Do you know or can point me to how I could use these 4channel t/r packages as a repurposed remote control. there has got to be a way to get one of these cheap packages and use the electronics to control a set of leds or a set of four led strips. All through a cool joystick remote control. At 4 channels with six axis possibly would be able to say three led strips and turn off and on a small mp3 player and volume control. What do I have to know aboutthese quadcopter packages to repurpose them for any other remote control project that I may think about.

@Jerome Jackson What you are talking about is essentially “hardware hacking”. The current provided to the motors is quite lot, so they won’t be able to light up many LEDs. You can potentially add relays and an external power supply, but you’d need a good understanding of the circuit. There are multi-channel remote controls which are inexpensive too.